Extremely Annoying Contact IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. adamjkok

adamjkok Member This Topic's Starter

I text my friend-who's-a-girl a lot, but she listed her number as the following (actual number changed for her privacy):

555~555~0123

Of course, this is invalid. I tried creating another contact under the same name and using the same number (but in a valid format), but even when I click through the new contact (I can tell them apart because the new one doesn't have a picture), it still adds the Facebook number to the convo instead of the valid one.

I visited her actual profile and the number there appears to have been changed to an acceptable number, so is there any way to, say, "force refresh" her contact (or all Facebook contacts if needed)? If that isn't possible, is there another workaround?

Advertisement
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Go to contacts, click on one of her contacts, click the hard menu button (far left), click "link contact", scroll to select her other contact...viola!

3. adamjkok

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this did not solve my problem. Since the two mobile numbers are the same (formatting aside), it merged them together, and the Facebook one took precedence. Therefore, it is still XXX~XXX~XXXX

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Unlink them, then try it again reversing which contact you start with.

5. adamjkok

Same story :mad:

6. adamjkok

I can't edit it either, because it has a little padlock next to it in the edit screen.

7. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

my problem with contacts is different.. the numbers i have been adding are just staying at the top of the list rather than going to the alphabetical order.. i

8. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I'm stumped at the moment then...someone else will chime in I'm sure.

9. adamjkok

I'm not trying to be rude here, but, in the future, consider posting a new topic since your issue is so different from mine.

10. adamjkok

Is there any way to just force it to refresh (pull from Facebook)? It appears to be corrected on her actual profile.

11. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Delete Facebook from your accounts on the phone and re-add it, I think.

I don't have facebook linked, cause I don't want to see all those people on my phone.

12. adamjkok

One step ahead of ya on this. Too bad it didn't work.

13. adamjkok

I tried unlinking, deleting her, and adding Facebook again. However, when trying to delete, I got the following error:

"To remove this contact from your phone, remove this person from your friends list on the following providers."

No providers are listed after this. Is there any way to "unlock" this contact?

14. adamjkok

Hey, found a better workaround, chaged XXX-XXX-XXXX to 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX. Would still be nice to have a better fix. And will this have any effect on text messaging? I know I've called using 1 before with no problems, but I also know that there are differences with texting (example: *67 not working). Will I get any charges (I'm 99.9% sure this is a no, but with parents to answer to, I can't be too careful)?

15. gr33nd3vil

gr33nd3vil Active Member

Well, the easiest way to do this would be remove your Facebook account by going to ... Settings > Accounts > Facebook remove

After that, install the Facebook for Android Application if you want to use Facebook still, and then SyncMyPix if you want your contacts to show pictures.

Then readd her to your Phone Book and put in the correct #.

See my FBOOK work around, it's a great deal of help to address even this issue.