Extremely Disappointed with HTC repair

Last Updated:

1. musicmaster

musicmaster Member This Topic's Starter

A few weeks back, my HTC Mytouch (Magic)'s headphone jack stopped working. I had called them up and had an RMA set up to have it fixed.

In the box, I had included a typed note stating the problem, stating the phone is unlocked and that I would like it returned unlocked, and a simple request to remove dust from under the screen (since they would have the phone apart anyways)

Anyways, when I get the unit back, they changed motherboards (new IMEI number), re-locked the phone and didn't clean the dust out from under the screen.

I called HTC support on Monday and explained how the phone was unlocked when sent in and because it is a different IMEI number than the one that I purchased, T-Mobile wouldn't supply the unlock code. The woman on the phone said it could take 48 hours for them to get back to me with the code.
    I called HTC and they said it could take up to 72 hours to get the code. Called yesterday. Was told that the guy had emailed the support team directly and I would have it by this morning. Called and they said it would take 7-14 days and it would be text-messaged to me.

I'm really, really ****ed off. They didn't read the note I included and wrapped the phone in and they are taking forever to get the code to me.

T-Mobile isn't any help because I had initially bought the phone and used it as a pre-paid. Closed the account there a few months back.

Advertisement
  2. musicmaster

musicmaster Member This Topic's Starter

Week later. Still no code