Extremely low eifi signalGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bowerman

bowerman Guest This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, Got a new Eris here and am having an issue. When using wifi the signal strength is extremely low and only holds the signal for about 6 to 10 feet away. All the other phones work on this router and a friends router, so the issue is definitely the phone. is there any settings I could change that might help? Thanks!

2. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    yup same here. That is why i just stick to 3g
  3. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    what is this eifi you speak of??? :confused:

4. bowerman

apparently its what i call WIFI When i'm tired! lol. I'm taking it in tomorrow. i will update
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Jan 7, 2010
    You may have have a bad phone. My WiFi works throughout the house (I have three access points, but I get a reliable signal as far as 50 feet away when I am in the yard), and I can even see my neighbors' routers at times. It's definitely true that I do not get the range of my Macbook, but it certainly is good enough.

Also, one more thing to think about: the radios in the Eris are in the top half of the phone, from the camera up. If you are holding it so your fingers are wrapped around that area, you'll be affecting the quality of your signal.
  6. bowerman

Alright I called HTC. They had me do a couple things and they said there is something wrong with the WIFI in the phone. I think I am going to live with it. I had a blackberry storm 2 before this and after 6 replacement phones, they offered me something different (the ERIS). I think if I called verizon they would give me a refurb and i don't think I would want to deal with that again! If this is the only issue, I'm fine! I never used the WIFI on any of my previous phones because the 3g is so fast.
  7. bowerman

Got it.