extSD card problemsSupport

1. timbo88

timbo88 New Member

'My Files' keeps not responding or just freezes.
    Just now its stopped freezing and my SD card is just left with files with a load of question marks on them. On the computer they are just 0gb files.
    I really don't know what to do, im not sure if there was anything that important on the card so i could just delete all of whats on there and start again. But i would like to have an idea why this has happend if anyone knows?

Thanks alot :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

3. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

I had my S3 do this a few weeks ago and it trashed the internal file system as well. It over heated on its own and did this damage all by itself! I was able to get Verizon to replace the phone, I replaced the SD card, and haven't had a problem yet. Some folks will say its the brand of SD card, but my wife and I have the same phones, and we had the same brand SD card and hers has been no problems.
  4. timbo88

timbo88 New Member

thank you for the replies.

the app didn't do anything :(

how do you reformat?
  5. Rolo42

Rolo42 Well-Known Member

Put it in your PC and format it FAT32. I would use Disk Administrator and delete, recreate the partition and then format it. If its an old SD card, I would run CHKDSK /R before using it.

It does sound like it got corrupt; you can try a recovery program (PC) to recover whatever was on it--but that isn't necessary because you have a backup, right? Riiiight? RIIIIIIIGHT!? ;)