thahim Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yes it's true
  3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

A slightly off topic question.

Does this "one click rooting app" they demonstrate in the video work well? Does it unlock the bootloader also? And, are you then all ready to flash a ROM if desired?

Thanks!
  4. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

I am interested in this answer also. Is the wifi tether app able to be used after this root method?
  5. SUroot

International users can just flash a custom rom with wifi tether support. They can also use a custom kernel like perseus which fixes the exploit without breaking the camera (unlike the link in the op)
  6. SUroot

This is for exynos cpu based s3s... we don't need the bootloader unlocked. I thought only vzw locked bootloader?
    Musky likes this.
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yes

And yes the exploit is true, but wait for the Samsung patch. In the meantime, don't download or install any shady apps and you are fine
  8. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I have a Verizon S3 and it is my understanding that the bootloader is locked. So this one click rooting app in the video won't work for my version of the S3?
  9. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

It's only for models with the exynos processor. All US variants use the snapdragon processor.
    JeriS, Musky and Rxpert83 like this.
  10. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I have international one on 4.1.2 do I still need to fix
  11. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Check for a firmware update, or check your currant version and baseband of Android.
  12. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Unrooted users should have got a tiny update to fix the exploit. I was already rooted when the patch update got pushed out but im not scared *shadow boxes* im hardcore :p :)
  13. SUroot

Didn't you get the fix a couple of days ago? I thought I saw a thread saying you did.
  14. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Yeh u got an update after 4.1 2
  15. SUroot

Cool. That's the fix