ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

Last Updated:

1. ezeStand

ezeStand Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone,
    I've created a design which will hold the Droid in any orientation, with or without covers/cases, and it will activate the Multimedia mode!!! Half the price of the competition and free shipping to boot! Check it out at http://www.ezeStand.com
    Thanks,
    Todd

Advertisement
    Bramsy and Flahusky like this.
  2. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I am impressed and if I didn't already have a multimedia station for home and one for work I would sure jump on this one. It is very nice! I will spread the word at work though as I know others who have Droids and no dock so they may be interested. The price sure is right.

3. square

square Well-Known Member

agreed. nice work.

4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Any pictures of an actual unit? or just the renderings right now?
    What plastic is it made out of?
    Injection molded or vacuum formed?

5. Droidophile

Droidophile Well-Known Member

This thing looks pretty cool. My Seidio Dock is a pile. Price is right.

6. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

To be honest with you I would buy two right now if you had actual pictures of the device instead of renderings.....though I would still be really worried.

7. gnowak2

gnowak2 Active Member

I just ordered the stand and how do you turn it on to functin as a media dock?

8. gnowak2

gnowak2 Active Member

I ordered the EzE Stand yesterday and the charging cable but I just got a notice from Pay Pal and it is without the cable. Can I still get one? gnowak2@comcast.net

9. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Well I hope you get it and I surely hope you post some actual pictures gnowak2.

10. ezeStand

Thanks for all the replies, here are answers to your questions ...

I will get some pictures up as soon as possible. It is made out of ABS and is injection molded. The nominal wall thickness is 0.070" so it is very tough. There is also rubber padding on the bottom and all surfaces that touch the phone so the phone is protected and the stand will not slide around on the desk.

The ezeStand will automatically activate the Multimedia dock mode when placed in the landscape oreintation. It has a small magnet (just like the Motorola Dock) embedded in the plastic.

Sorry, I already shipped your ezeStand on Saturday. Email me at sales@ezestand.com and maybe we can work something out on just shipping the cable.

Thanks!!!
    Todd
    ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

11. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

Smart move mentioning the product here. Just placed my order for both the stand and the cable. Well done. Thanks!

==
    Update: Received "shipped!" notice within a few hous of placing order. Nice!!

==
    Update #2 (Feb 27th): Arrived within 2-3 days, 1st class USPS. Perfect fit, with my Piel Frama flip case (cases.com- search for coupons!!). I'm loving this stand. Now situated on my home office desk. May have to get another one for the living room. (Already have the OEM multimedia dock in the bedroom.) ................. EXCELLENT!!!

12. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Very nice. In for one and a cable, also! I've been waiting for a stand that will work with my thick case/shell (one from Verizon store with holster).

Now I can finally see the clock on my phone :D.

I'll see if I can get you some more sales from my other forum with plenty of Droid users ;).

13. gnowak2

gnowak2 Active Member

I ordered one and wonder how it works for someone who has received one.

14. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

Wow, this is pretty nice. Too bad I already own two of the OEM Motorola multimedia docks. Though I'm still thinking about grabbing one.

EDIT: Eh, why not. For $12.99 shipped? I'll take one. :D

15. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Looks good. I'll be in for 2.

16. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

looks nice. have my own solution, but good luck! also, can the magnet be removed? that's one thing I don't like about the Moto dock...the auto change into MM mode

17. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Ordered one for work. Maybe will do another for home. I use the Verizon branded rubberized snap on protector, which is awesome and makes the phone a LITTLE bigger but has been super protective and not restrictive either.

At work I used to use this little beach chair I got at our Verizon Day (I'm our IT guy here at the office so I get some nice little perks LOL) but even without the protective case it no longer sits right, and landscape mode is a definitely no with the charger being on the bottom...see pics for reference.

This EZStand may fit the bill awesomely though. Good find!

Attached Files:

18. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

Does this work with the Droid Eris? Or is it too small to sit horizontally?

19. graymulligan

graymulligan Member

Looking good! If I didn't already own a home cradle, I'd be in for one.

20. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

This is an EXCELLENT stand for the price... I ordered mine late Friday and it arrived first thing this morning so I've used it all day... I love being able to locate the phone simply, still in hardshell case with belt clip button attached, in both orientations...

What can you say about ordering late Friday and receiving at 9AM monday!

One note on the landscape dock magnet... it works great with back hard shell removed but isn't strong enough to trigger dock mode when shell is in place... not a real problem for me as typically I prefer the default home screen I've set over dock mode... and can always use dockrunner app or remove hard shell back to get dock mode...

THANX Ezestand folks!!! Great job on the design and kudos on the speedy delivery!

21. ezeStand

If you really wanted to, you could remove the magnet. It is press fit into the plastic under the rubber protective pad on the back support. However, I have found that it is pretty easy to place the Droid in the ezeStand slightly off center to the left or right and it won't go into MM mode. That way you don't have to mess up your ezeStand.
    Good luck,
    Thanks,
    Todd

22. ezeStand

The HTC Droid Eris sits in the ezeStand in either orientation, however the embedded magnet in the ezeStand will not activate Multimedia mode in the Eris.
    Thanks,
    Todd
    http://www.ezestand.com

23. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Yeah let me tell you I can't keep my Droid in my right pocket anymore like I used to with every other phone i've had. My money clip has a magnetic thing so it always puts it in that mode and I think "activates" it so the screen doesn't dim hehe

24. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

These do look great. I may have to get one for work.

But seriously who still has the old school Verizon screen protectors on their phone? I noticed in your "More Pics" page the Droid had that protector. LOL

Awesome stand though, count me in!

25. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member

I got mine last night. I like it except that it DOES NOT activate the multimedia mode with the Body Glove case on it. The whole purpose of me getting this (and I got 2) was because it says it works with covers/cases and activates the multimedia mode. I wish they would have stated that one is not inclusive of the other. I have two small kids, so the cover is a dealbreaker or they are a droid-breaker