-----F.A.Q.s-----

1. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Updated: 12-24-2010

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to post some F.A.Q.

Advertisement
    :
    jee1804, stevcha, mdizzle99 and 12 others like this.
  2. wrapkgb

3. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Great idea wrap! The more single threads we can point people to, the better.
  4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

I concur.
  5. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Sweet man. I like it. So far looks good, we can point people to the FAQ when the have a ? that can be answered here.
  6. wrapkgb

Yea I figured it would make it a little easier... especially since answers always get lost deep in thread. Lol
  7. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

They do, by the time you have 50 comments on one page, and mutliple pages, its hard to read for some people.
    Now on xda, forget it. That new kernel is up to 220 pages.. in one week :eek: lol
  8. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I think you should number the questions for easy reference. That way when someone is sent to this thread via a link, post #1, FAQ #x.
    Matlock, JunBringer and wrapkgb like this.
  9. JasonK75

JasonK75 Well-Known Member

Great idea and great job with this post. I think I'll save this page and point people to this when they have questions.

You should include questions about radios, pri, prl, and other data/radio faqs.
    wrapkgb likes this.
  10. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

ROM= Read Only Memory

Technically what we flash aren't ROM's, they're ROM images or firmwares. We flash them to the ROM.
    flyjbaker and wrapkgb like this.
  11. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Suggestions:

-Difference between governors
    -Difference between odexed and deodexed (I know this is in the rooting for dummies thread, but I usually link people to sites like this: What Is Odex And Deodex In Android [Complete Guide])
    -What's the difference between hboot and recovery (some people forget start with this simple explaination :))

I'm sure I can think of some more later.
    wrapkgb likes this.
  12. wrapkgb

I am updating it with all of your suggestions as I type... Thanks all for the corrections and suggestions! Keep them coming! :)
  13. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Great thread! Thanks so much!
  14. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Thanks for that very simple explanation. I just took that term for what it was but always had a hard time calling it that because I knew it wasn't correct.

ALSO, wrap, you forgot one very very popular(most?) question.............
    "I am rooted but I can't get my wireless tether to work???"

We have a thread for that almost every day....:eek::p
  15. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Hahah! wrapkgb,

You got your work cut out for you now, bud.
    You have an obligation to the EVO/Android community to 'quick reference' answers! Good luck!
  16. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Bump. Cause i can!
  17. mohamie

mohamie Member

thanks for the thread and all the work you do. You guys make this a great place!
  18. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

With all the new (and perspective) rooters out there currently, I think this post needs to be moved back up the list. Thanks for the work wrapkgb.
  19. stevcha

stevcha Well-Known Member

Great work! Maybe add something about what AOSP and Sense ROMs are and the differences. How about something about under and overclocking?