• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

F#%king Radio Shack!!!!

Liberation

May 13, 2010
So, I was the first pre-order at the RS a few blocks away from me and I called to find out about the store opening and if I needed an appt and the girl on the phone asked me my name and then told me that the associate that I ordered my phone from transferred to another store and took his orders with him.

Called the other store and he's not in and explained my situation to the girl on the phone and she said they are working on getting his transfers to that store but don't know if it's gonna be by Friday.....SAY WHAT?!?!?! I proceeded to tell her that shit just isn't gonna work and that one way or the other....one of these stores will have my phone first thing Friday morning. so, she took my number down and said she will call her manager and then call me back this evening before they close.

Can you freaking believe this shit???

Dude relax, it's just a phone. On a serious note, you should just reinsist with the girl you talked to that you'll then just buy it from her... unless you already paid full price for it. Lol

On a side note, I'm relatively new to these forums but I find it interesting that they censored out ******ed when i posted but shit is allowed.

Upvote 0
pwned.jpg

Upvote 0
I feel for you man. I would go to Gizmodo, Engadget and hope it gets picked up by Digg or Reddit so that you can get a free phone from the publicity. I'm sure RadioShack Corporate doesn't want the bad press/publicity during the launch of a flagship device like the EVO.

I'm gonna wait and see what she has to say when she calls me back before blowing up their spot!

Upvote 0
Why do you care?

You already pre-ordered. Your name, social security, and all info is already stored in their computer mainframe.

So, why all this?

The guy that took my order can move to Bangladesh for all I care, and my info is stored in their computers.

Heck, that's the reason you have a receipt of the $50.00 deposit.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I pre-ordered at both Radio Shack, and Best Buy in my Area. So far I got a call from Best Buy this evening to see what time would work for me on Friday, I took the 6pm, not getting up at the crack of dawn before I open my place. As for Radio Shack, no call yet, and when I called before I got the run around....we are opening up early, but we don't know what time, we may do appointments, we may not? Seriously, not a good operation at all. They can keep there $20 for accessories, I would be interested to see how long it takes one of these kids to even get the whole contract finished at the point of sale. If I don't get a call before Friday, I want my $50 back, case closed!

Upvote 0
Why do you care?

You already pre-ordered. Your name, social security, and all info is already stored in their computer mainframe.

So, why all this?

The guy that took my order can move to Bangladesh for all I care, and my info is stored in their computers.

Heck, that's the reason you have a receipt of the $50.00 deposit.

This is correct. You have a receipt from that Radio Shack. That store owes you the phone.

Just go in to get you phone, and if they give you any crap, show them the receipt.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones