F.M.L. F.M.L. F.M.L. - R.I.P. my poor TBGeneral

1. thorthunderblt

thorthunderblt Well-Known Member

So i decide to go out to a bar on Friday and as i was taking money out of my pocket for the covercharge out comes my phone SMACK screen first on the cement ground. I was praying to all that is holy that i could have one pass but NOPE screen broke to holy hell. I wasnt to mad since i had TEC insurance on it....or so i thought. I forgot that i figuered that i would never drop the phone or anything and save some money. Of course within a month of having my beloved TB it freaking breaks :mad:. So now i have to use the certified preowned replacement program. But of course TB's are not part of the program (or the dreaded iphone). So now i will prob rock the Droid X which i know is a good phone to but DAMN. I will be damned if i pay full price. My weekend was great.

Advertisement
    :
  2. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

DAMN!!! I cant even imagine that!! Sooo sorry!!
  3. AustinTech

AustinTech Well-Known Member

Great googily-moogily.

So sad. That sucks.
  4. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

How much is the insurance on it, if you did get it?
  5. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Well-Known Member

That's why I'd never skimp on insurance. While you may do everything in your power to not drop it, Murphy is an asshole, and his laws reign supreme.

Hope you can get another TB sometime!
    mattbirk and jroc like this.
  6. iAstonish

iAstonish Well-Known Member

Does it still function at all? You could use another Thunderbolt and download the square trade app and put it on your phone. It's $149 for two years of accidental protection, and it doesn't matter if your phone is out of the 30 day purchase window.

The only thing is idk if it can tell if you are on YOUR thunderbolt or not, but it's worth looking into.
  7. thorthunderblt

I believe insurance was like 3.99 a month. Now saying that makes me feel even dumber. 4.00 to replace a phone is not bad at all CRAPSICLES. I might just get the X and i am due for an upgrade next year. I figure by that time the whole 4g thing might be fixed and there might even be a TB 2. Think positive lol. Also if i get the X i can renew my insurance and it will be on my contract for now on.

iAstonish - Nope dosent work at all. I might try ur idea out though. Thanks for info.

CyperPitz - Yeah Murphys law is a bitch

I'm gonna have to change my name too :( lol
  8. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Did you at least get some action after the bar? If not, then your weekend was a total fail.
    DJ_10, thorthunderblt and jroc like this.
  9. Jarrodarnold

Jarrodarnold Well-Known Member

Last time i checked there is open enrolment for insurance. Check out your local verizon dealer and they maybe able to add it on there or if your under one month you can still add it on. Sorry to here it good luck
  10. McLabia

McLabia Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, however, I believe this fits..lol. I just got my Bolt back a couple weeks ago for a replaced digitizer.

[​IMG]
  11. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Well-Known Member

Fekkin' this.
  12. Bomfy

Bomfy Well-Known Member

That seriously sucks. I dedicate one pocket daily to my TB and nothing else goes there except the phone, because I could see myself getting a buck or something and dropping it as well.
    nateap87 likes this.
  13. thorthunderblt

I got a little sumting sumting. But i couldnt take my mind of the fact that my damn TB broke.
  14. thorthunderblt

I got the phone March 21st so i am way out of 30 days ARRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  15. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Well-Known Member

Go to SquareTrade.com and buy insurance on your phone.

They will most likely just say its too expensive and replace it.
  16. thorthunderblt

Do you mean the warranty that costs 99$? Not that its a problem but i dont want to get the wrong one. I see also in their fine print that the plan only works on phones purchased in the last 30 days.
  17. SecondShot

SecondShot Well-Known Member

How much was the cover charge? :eek:
  18. thorthunderblt

19. thorthunderblt

I went on the TEC insurance website and applied for the insurance but now i have to wait 5-10 business days to see if they will accept me or w/e. So now i have to play the waiting game. The wait is killing me already.
  20. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

21. McLabia

McLabia Well-Known Member

22. Jarrodarnold

Well they should accept you but if you have to wait 5 days thats better then going without a TB forever :D
  23. thorthunderblt

Yup i can deal with 5 days. I really thought i was going to be S.O.L. Thanks to every1 for all the advice. Hopefully i wont have to change my name lol.
  24. Jarrodarnold

No Problem let us know what happens :cool:
  25. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

I would call Verizon and still see if they cant add the INS.