• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] F6 roms install but don't pass boot

I uploaded a version of LGF6-Dana-v2 zip that boots.

Wi-fi works
Bluetooth does not work
GPS works
Camera works

I haven't tested this on an active phone so I don't know if phone works. I would assume it doesn't because it's a metro-pcs stock rom for the f6, and not a virgin mobile rom. I'll keep messing with it until I get at least phone and data working on it.

Download url:
https://urgero.org/cloud/public.php?service=files&t=2387ca508001c98717b00a3ddc68a7ff

Upvote 0
I uploaded a version of LGF6-Dana-v2 zip that boots.

Wi-fi works
Bluetooth does not work
GPS works
Camera works

I haven't tested this on an active phone so I don't know if phone works. I would assume it doesn't because it's a metro-pcs stock rom for the f6, and not a virgin mobile rom. I'll keep messing with it until I get at least phone and data working on it.

Download url:
https://urgero.org/cloud/public.php?service=files&t=2387ca508001c98717b00a3ddc68a7ff
Won't download fails all time no mater what browser I'm using nvm finally got it down loaded

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hum.. it took a little bit for phone to work. It just took longer for data to kick in as well. 3g works. I can confirm gps works as well.

The only think I see that doesn't work is bluetooth. I'm not sure if 4g works. I'll test that tomorrow when i'm in a 4g area. I'll upload the fix.
so just takes a bit for it to work or did u tweak it a bit?

Upvote 0
there a new down load for the twek u did?
You need to read what's above instead of just posting.
I haven't uploaded it yet but I got phone to work. Data is still an issue though.

F6 4.1.2 Jellybean Stock rom LG-F6-Dana-version2
working on the LG-F3.

Same Download url:
Phone, 3g, Wi-Fi, Camera, GPS work.

4g unconfirmed but think it doesn't work. I'll test tomorrow.
Bluetooth still doesn't work

To get phone and 3g to work, go to:
Settings > Tethering & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode > CDMA
Then Reboot the phone

Upvote 0
You need to read what's above instead of just posting.

F6 4.1.2 Jellybean Stock rom LG-F6-Dana-version2
working on the LG-F3.

Same Download url:
Phone, 3g, Wi-Fi, Camera, GPS work.

4g unconfirmed but think it doesn't work. I'll test tomorrow.
Bluetooth still doesn't work

To get phone and 3g to work, go to:
Settings > Tethering & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode > CDMA
Then Reboot the phone
aperantly there was lag I did not see what u just told me ok I do every thing from my phones so I don't see post fast enough

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4G doesn't work with the current settings. That don't surprise me none, it's using the same settings as the cm10 rom.

It's very stable. Phone quality is great. Cell strength is great. Not bad.

What's the difference between this ROM and the others on the forum for the LG Optimus F3 (any screen shots)?

Should there be an assumption that getting 4G to work is not an option?

------------

Upvote 0
couldn't we manualy go to APN settings and manualy put in the info?
We could but I already set up the apn settings for sprint/virgin mobile. Otherwise there would be no data/3g connection. Your on the right track though. It's a setting file in the etc folder that needs to be changed. Some file that works with the apn settings file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones