Fa-real tho, Y my Hero fallin' apart?

Last Updated:

1. Lii

Lii Active Member This Topic's Starter

Aight ppl, I need yall and appreciate any help anyone can give me with my Sprint Hero issues.

So, I've been using handscent for about a month and 1/2 now. About 2 weeks ago, it started takin' about 8 seconds to open up...not kewl. Still doin' it. Any1 else having that problem?

The cream cheeze icing on the cake now is that whenever I go to the market, some apps don't work on my phone. Now, aHome for instance, I get a lil note sayin' "aHome cannot be installed on this phone!" What does that mean? "THIS" phone. Like the Sprint Hero "this" phone? Cauz I know full well that aHome works on the Hero. Could any1 possibly know what the deal could be with that?

Again, I'm still brand spankin' new to android and am learning so if I'm doing something wrong, pleaze lemmie know. I'm tryna figure out what it could be. I only have about....19 apps on my Hero currently so...idk.

Can yall help me? Preeeciate it a whole bunch!

Advertisement
  2. o_mtz16

o_mtz16 Member

Had the same problem with handcent.I had to do a soft reset 3-5 time a day.I Unistalled it started using chomp sms Work great loads up quick!

3. boomhower

boomhower Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out what you said.....

4. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

hahahahah

sounds like you have lots of text messages that need to be cleaned out but for a home replacement error im not sure i bought the hero cause it has sence and to me thats the best home option out there right now

5. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

lol

6. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Use the stock messaging app... And Sence is the truth son, word is born dunn, fo- real tho my homie! keep it 100000000000000000

STAY SUCKER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. tracii_amazinggg

tracii_amazinggg Well-Known Member

lmao SUCKA FREE!

haha
    yeah I use Handcent as well, the stock msg app was screwing up my phone (I had the Bank of America text update problem that some other ppl around here have had)

anyway, yeah my Handcent takes a while to open too.
    I guess I'll just clear the message count or something?
    Its just one small little thing I can deal with, but its still annoying.

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

No joke!

9. 702DROID

there was an update made today to handcent and he addressed the slow opening

10. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Say what?

I use Fresh 1.1 ROM and Handcent works great on my phone.

My phone is fast, runs smooth and I haven't had any issues since I flashed Fresh 1.1 ROM on it.

11. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

I am going to write this in a way that you may understand:

Yo Dawg, sounds like your handcent is wiggty wiggty wiggdy wacked up...u know...maybe u kan like delete all dos textz from dem hoz. If dat shiz don't work reinstallz.... Yo Dawg maybe there is like a handcent in your handcent CRAZY SHIZ.

Anywayz playa maybez u need to ask dos catz at aHome about DIS phone error. For real is it like DIS phone in your hand or DIS phone as in Sprint or DIS phone as in Hero or DIS phone as in Android 1.5 wow dawg dats a lot of shit to think about letz smoke some weed cuz. Anywayz homie dem cats even have dem own crib wit a support forum check that shiz out playa!

aHome for Android

Only 19 apz cuz? 4 real dat don't tell us much, maybe 1 of dem 19 appz is causing da problems.

laterz maaan.

12. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

The OP said something?!?!?

13. 702DROID

:D

14. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

lulz

15. tracii_amazinggg

tracii_amazinggg Well-Known Member

eyyyy dawg we heard you liked handcent
    so we got you a handcent with handcent
    so you can handcent while you handcent!

[​IMG]

:D

16. Lii

Thanks to all those who CHOSE to understand how I CHOSE to write my msg. I'm perfectly capable of speaking and typing like everyone else, but I chose to expose a little piece of me aside from the expected norm.

With that said, thanks 702to303 for offering me a solution to my problem. I'll do a clean up and see if that works.

17. BoomCackle

BoomCackle Member

Please don't expose yourself, there could be kids here

18. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Wow everyone just took what he wrote and ran with it...

19. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much a matter of "exposing a piece" of yourself (eww :p ) since that's how you obviously speak in public. (though I hope not.)

"Street" or "l337" talk in text form however just comes across to most as ignorant in a, for the most part, professional acting forum. I'd rather have you shout in all caps before having to try to decipher just what it is you're trying to say.

20. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member

Word

21. Lii

Okay, this is ridiculous and has gone to far. If you cannot or do not have a solution to an inquiry, then you should not comment. It's a sad life to have to hide behind a screen name to HATE, however, many who commented feel more comfortable doing so (I can assure you that in my presence, you would have kept your sly remarks in your head) My language is neither street nor ignorance, but again, many of you have made it apparent that you are only capable of understanding individuals who are just like you and have no diversity at all. It's not my loss however, it's yours.

Again, the sarcasm and sly remarks are unnessesary and if you don't like, can't understand or have a problem with how someone chooses to ask a question, then do yourself a favor and keep the HATE to yourselves.

East it and live:)

22. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

Actually, my guess is that he/she DOESN"T speak that way in public. Parts of his/her original message were written well grammatically while other parts were written in "street" talk, which led me to believe they were kinda faking it. :)

23. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

Not that it matters to me, but why would you make a post using language that obviously (to me at least) isn't "you"? Whether those who responded were hating or not is a different issue. Your post came across as funny, and predictably some posters made fun of it. Hopefully you got an answer to your question though.

24. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

that's too much lmao...

25. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

fo shizzle :)