Facbook will not sync with my people (contacts)!!!!!!

Last Updated:

1. htcherouser

htcherouser New Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to link my contacts or people to facebookit says "friends data is either downloading or unavailable" and after I enter a name it says "contact list is empty". I have already manually added all of my contacts to people, but I have not been able to successfully link any of my contacts to facebook. Help please!!!

Advertisement
  2. htcherouser

htcherouser New Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried all of the instructions online and even went to the cellular south discovery center for help. I can not figure out how to sync or link my contacts to facebook so I can use their profile photos and see status updates. Every time I try it either does not give me the option or can not find any contacts, even though I have a phone full of contacts. HELP!

3. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Well-Known Member

hi i had trouble with this but eventually worked out the best way for me,some of the steps might be unessacry but just lettin u know what i did. first of all i went into Menu, Settings, Social Networks,logged out then logged back in.
    then i went into someones contact who has facebook go to edit profile then untap on fb link then tap again to link fb profile.
    u will then see no fb contacts in list then press menu and update now
    it will come up with every name on fb account but no pictures straight away.
    then press menu and update now.
    for me it only brought the pictures up for the first 6 or 7 profiles.i then scrolled down to the next 6 or 7 pressed menu and there pictures came up.might do it straight away once u upate but i have very weak signal took me a while but worked.
    hope this helped

4. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

To be fair it took a while for my list to update the first time, I just left it for ten minutes and tried again