1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Face to Face Talk

1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

What app would the wife and I need to use our front facing cameras to video chat with each other? She have a HTC Dinc2, I think her's have a FFC. I have the Samsung Strat.

What app and how do we use it?

Thnx.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Try Skype.
    saptech likes this.
  3. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

as Chan said, you can use skype. There are tons of apps that you can use:

Google Talk (if your provider allows it via 3g/4g, otherwise, you'll both need wifi)
    Tango
    ooVoo
    Fring

there are others but I can't think of anymore right now.
    saptech likes this.
  4. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz Well-Known Member

i found Tango to be the best. Skype and Qik always dropped the call and made the other person move very sketchy.
    saptech likes this.
  5. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I'll look into those. I'm not a big fan of Skype but may try it if others don't fit the bill.
  6. nyydynasty

I tested them all for my own personal knowledge and I found that Tango had pretty good video quality at lower cell signal but the audio gets choppy. Skype was not as good as Tango at lower cell signal but it was the most reliable of all of the apps. Its also the most popular so there's a good chance that your friends and family already have a skype account.
  7. goat03

goat03 Active Member

Tango seems to work pretty well.
  8. nyydynasty

i used tango for the longest time but dumped it when I realized it was killing my battery while I wasn't using the app. It stays logged in, which is nice for incoming video calls but bad for battery.

I currently use skype but only sign in when I need to use it. Or I'll use google talk when I'm on wifi because AT&T doesnt allow video chatting via 3g