• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook 1.2 Issue

ChuckTu

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
In light of the current battery drain issues versions 1.3 and 1.3.1 have had, I've manage to dig up the 1.2 version of the app which I reinstalled. However after doing that I can only load up one page of posts. When I click on the "Older Posts" after scrolling to the bottom of the feed it tries to load but just returns without loading anything. I recall this working before the new 1.3 and 1.3.1 versions have come out. Has anybody else had this issue?

At this point I'm ready to just use the website and not the apps anymore...

Last I knew there wasn't a version 1.4...and yes I am seeing the same battery drain issue in 1.3.1 as in 1.3...unplugged my phone with Facebook running and it was the only thing using network and in the partial awake category...shut it down and unplug my phone and nothing of the sort...

Upvote 0
The FB app for the iDevices is... "okay." Even it has its flaws and bugs.

Nonetheless I agree. I personally didn't really have any problems with the application when I had my LG Ally for that short week, but I didn't use it all that intensely. I do remember how much it seemed to lack proper functionality though. Like, I could tap on a person's profile picture, but nothing would happen. I would expect that it would open up their profile pictures or something, but nada.

Hopefully there will be a nicer version in Froyo, at least. Maybe AllDroid can shed some light on that later on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones