Facebook 2.0 - Native App Released 12/13/12

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

So is this an update to the app we already have or a new app all together?
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

It's an update to the current one
    valorian likes this.
  4. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

A quality FB app? I'll believe it when I see it.
  5. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

It's pretty great :D
  6. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Actually looks almost exactly the same. Scrolling through is lightning fast and opening pictures is much faster as well.

Don't really see too many (any?) other differences.
  7. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

And we're live - let's see how good this is.
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I like it. Much faster.
  9. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

I missed the "New Stories" bar at the top from the ios app...it's here in the android version.

Plus, pictures load instantaneously... Notifications too...

So far, so good.

edit: still having issues with the "Facebook pop" notification though. Oh well, can't have everything, I suppose.
  10. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I haven't used the app in a looooong time, just updated to give it a try. Pretty nice, I may keep it. It's faster than the mobile site now. It is still an idle RAM hog but I may not let that bug me too much. I have all notifications turned off so it really shouldn't be that high, but it is.
  11. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Much faster scrolling. So far I'm liking it.
  12. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

lets see... how this will turn out...
  13. jludwig57

jludwig57 Well-Known Member

I like it. I think it is much improved.
  14. IPWNPACIFISTS

IPWNPACIFISTS Well-Known Member

I wish they would add 5 mins or instant to refresh interval
  15. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

I actually prefer NO auto-refresh. I'll refresh when I need to, but nothing annoys me more than an auto-refresh while I'm reading something and I've now lost my place.
    hiwatt likes this.
  16. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Whoops, it is opening in my profile instead of my news feed and then hangs. Anyone else seeing this? It just started, it was ok earlier.
  17. LexiconStudios

LexiconStudios Well-Known Member

It's pretty nicely improved. The old app was just painfully bad considering the talent and capital that facebook has access to.
  18. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

It no longer sucks on phones. It still sucks on tablets, especially when using the tablet in landscape mode.
  19. miskairal

miskairal Member

Oh wow, much improved. You no longer have to click on a photo to see it all, it's right there on your wall. Much faster too. Waited a while for this, let's hope they keep improving it :)
  20. AF87

AF87 Member

is the people app synch now working or do i still need a third party app?
  21. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

It won't post my status updates. I'll type them in and hit post but they don't show up. I've cleared the data, that didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, that didn't help. What do I do?
  22. I'm wondering if syncing with my contacts is better. I hated that it always was working in the background updating statuses. I just want to be able to sync pictures and birthdays! anyone confirm how it syncs?
  23. thisisnascar

thisisnascar Well-Known Member

I've never had an issue with the Android FB application, until this latest version. It absolutely sucks on my setup. It doesn't fresh my info automatically, when I try a manual refresh, it stays in that state forever. I've tried clearing cache, uninstall, re-boot and reinstall, but still no luck. In addition, it's not showing my wall updates right away, not until a few hours later. All the other FB apps I have installed work fine. It's only this last update that caused an issue.