facebook alerts

Last Updated:

1. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've had my Hero just over a month now and yesterday for the first time i received a facebook notification on my Hero.

Since i have had my phone i've never seen this. I normally get a notification telling me that i have a new email which sometimes is an email from facebook telling me i have a new invite or what ever. But this notification was a facebook specific one, it had an icon of an 'F' (of Facebook).

Doea anyone know what option needs to be turned on so that you get Facebook notifications on your Hero? I obviously switched something on which is no longer running cause im no longer getting this notifications.

I have my social network set to update every 12 hours and i dont have any facebook widgets running.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You dont need the fb widget running but you do need an app (I'm assuming you've already got one since you got the notifications). If you're using the official Facebook app just go to the first page and press the menu button then pick settings. There you can pick how often it checks for updates, what noise it makes and so on.

If it's a different facebook app you're using it'll probably be pretty similar, just have a hunt through it's settings.

3. dannyhoy

dannyhoy Member

ive pressed settings on the home page but doesnt give me the option i am using the official facebook app

4. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Facebook > Menu Button > Settings

Make sure it's the up to date version of Facebook for Android.

5. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im guessing also that you need to have facebook running for this. I mean if you close it with a task killer..this will stop working right?

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yeah I would assume so. Just stick it in your ignore list and forget about it :)

7. dannyhoy

dannyhoy Member

hi can anyone help on a similer issue i wasnt getting notifications at all i installed bloo which is fine but now when i look at my contacts they are not linked to facebook anymore and i wont let me link them. is this cos i have installed bloo?

thnaks