Facebook and Contact problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. UDbball2418

UDbball2418 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone I just bought my Droid Eris today and coming from a BB Tour, I love this phone! Anyway, I was wondering why all my contacts in the "people" section werent syncing with their respective facebook contacts. I realized that my contacts somehow got transfered instead of "John Smith" like I had it in my tour to "Smith John" in my Eris. So facebook doesnt recognize any of their names because they are backwards. I edited one name to put it the correct way and it recognized it and said 1 facebook link conact. I really really do not want to edit every contact I have so is there a way to switch all of these somehow? Any help would be greatly appreaciated

Advertisement
  2. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

How did you originally transfer your contacts from your BB to the Eris?

3. UDbball2418

UDbball2418 New Member This Topic's Starter

When I bought my Eris at the verizon store, they took my BB and hooked it up to their machine and transferred the contacts that way. I did have a leaked 5.0 OS for my BB. Maybe that had something to do with it? If i take it back to verizon would they be able to clear all my backwards contacts then re do it? What is the best solution?

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

when my bb (storm) was still active i got the google sync app, i synced up my contacts to my google account. when i got my eris i simply added my google account to the phone and automagically synced the contacts....pretty sweet

5. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Yea, on my dumb phone i had alot of nickanmes for people or just their first names...so I have to go through and individually link each one to their facebook page.

Something to do when bored during my office hours.

6. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Where can I tell it to link all the names with facebook at once instead of individually?