Facebook and email questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the facebook app on my eris from facebook and it never tells me when I have a new notification. It says its set to update every 2 hours, but i want it quicker than that. Kinda like on a blackberry when you get instant notification is there anyway to do this?

Also with my email it updates every 5 minutes. Any way to override this also to make it instant update?

Thank You,
    Bill

Advertisement
  2. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

No way to override the settings for notifications. I think it's a Gmail push error because sometimes I get instant notifications and sometimes it takes 3 hours, regardless of what I have it set to. Just make sure you have the same email on your phone associated with that which you set your FB notifications to be sent to, as well as all boxes checked off that you want emails for.

3. lilbballer27

I do not even have my gmail account set up under my email. I do not know how but its not under accounts when I look.

I do have my fb email setup tho and that is supposed to update every 5 minutes, but i have to refresh it every time to get my email.

4. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

you can change it to an hour. (on 2.1 anyway)
    settings --> accounts & sync -->facebook --> account settings --> Check frequency
    1, 2, 4, 8 or once a day

5. lilbballer27

I didnt think 2.1 was out yet?! I just got my phone yesterday and I am running 1.5 I heard the phone auto updates when there is new software.

6. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

it isn't, there are leaked versions, take a look around this forum.....

7. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

ya look around on the forums, and if you have any intent on rooting your phone make sure you pick the right link ......

8. lilbballer27

I do not feel like hacking my phone, or what ever it would be called. My luck I will screw it up and break it.