Facebook Android App Missing Posts

Last Updated:

1. Thetaman

Thetaman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that my Facebook app is missing posts that I see on my PC through facebook.com.

Anyone else notice some of their friend's posts not displaying in the Facebook app?

Any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. Success100

Success100 Member

short answer, facebook for android sucks!

3. pking

pking Well-Known Member

I have seen this as well. It seems like Facebook rushed to get an app ready before all the new android phones hit market, but now that they've got it it seems like development has slowed.

Only thing to do is wait for them to fix it, use the mobile / touch versions of the site (which have their own slew of issues), or write your own app ;)

4. Success100

Success100 Member

exactly, the facebook app for android is lacking compared to other platforms

5. Thetaman

Bummer.

I came from webOS and they didn't have a Facebook app at all. Some 3rd party apps that were decent. Looks like Apple is the only platform with a good app. Maybe with Droid coming along the app will be fixed. Well one can hope. :rolleyes:

6. xd40

xd40 Member

Wow, I noticed this very thing today! I hope they're working to fix this.

7. stimulatedboredom

stimulatedboredom Active Member

Are people still having an issue with this?

After seeing the thread, I checked my FB app feeds versus that when I am logged on the computer...they matched up fine, no missing feeds / status updates.

The only ones that didn't show up were of the, "so-and-so is a fan of..." variety...which I don't care to see anyway.

8. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

Actually the app worked great...until facebook decided to do the INCREDIBLY stupid News Feed/Live News Feed crap, which honestly I find pointless, dumb, and frustrating on a PC let alone a phone.

So it's not the FB apps fault, it's Fb's for making that INCREDIBLY dumb change. i swear I hope they revert.

9. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Facebook didn't change their layout. They just changed the default format for everyone without notice. You can get it back to the old way very easily.

On the left menu, click on the bottom where it says "More". You'll notice little boxes appear to the right of each option now. You can drag these boxes up and down to re-arrange them. Click and drag "Status Updates" to the top. That makes this your default and sets FB back to the way it used to be! :)

This may also fix your problems on the phone as I think it reads your preferences when you log in.

10. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

Oooh, nice tip sir, and you very well may be right as I never had a problem with missing posts until they changed that.

11. Alcaron

Alcaron Active Member

Hmmm, nope, still missing posts. I guess the change they made to your defaults is the default regardless, only the android app doesn't have a way to change the default feed.

12. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Hmm... maybe try reinstalling the facebook app after changing your preferences?

I honestly don't use the FB app that often, but I haven't noticed any missing posts myself.

13. darthrsg

darthrsg Member

To me FB on Android is weak, I use Babbler to update to update my status so there is a "...for android" on it like the iPhone app does, but anything else I use touch.facebook.com all my notifications hit my gmail account so the Babbler notifications aren't required and they didn't work to well anyways. The Blackberry app while limited was pretty close to real time as far as notifications, I kind of miss that, but the excellent browser on the Hero makes up for it.

14. Godfather13

Godfather13 Well-Known Member

When I use the facebook shortcut icon app it doesnt show my last post, but if I go to bookmarks and look at it thru facebook mobile it shows.

Darthrsg: if I use the facebook app/shortcut it does say "...sent using Android" on mine. I dont use babbler.

15. Thetaman

This is a good tip and thanks for sharing. I was aware of this before. However, this is still not the way FB used to be before. There used to be a News feed that included status updates, posts like farmville/mafia, and photo posts. Status updates is just that, status updates. Live news feed includes other things that wasn't in the old news feed. Current news feed is crap because the way it updates makes no sense.

Honestly, the problem could very well be FB's fault with their recent changes. And I did a compare a while ago and didn't see things missing...actually saw a post on my Hero that should have been displayed on my PC and wasn't?

Frustrating. :confused:

16. teamwhite

teamwhite Member

Facebook for Android is still missing posts for me. Although I like the interface better, I've had to switched to Bloo to stay in the loop. Hope it gets fixed.

17. PLANNERINMILWAUKEE

PLANNERINMILWAUKEE New Member

Has anyone else been told that if you post something, mainly status's, from your Android phone that people who are viewing facebook on a blackberry don't see your status's? My friends are telling me that if they aren't at a PC, they don't see anything from me unless I post from a PC as well.

18. teamwhite

teamwhite Member

That's interesting. When I had a BlackBerry, I would never see posts via iPhone when I checked it on the mobile web, although the posts would be there in the Facebook for BlackBerry app. I seem to see everything in Bloo, except for pages I'm a fan of.

Curious as to what others find on this.

19. NetDude

NetDude Member

Well, it's been almost 8 months now since the first post on this page and I haven't seen a resolution to the problem. It sucks!! I discovered tonight that several posts made by a friend of mine on his FB page (as well as the accompanying comments) appeared via the browser on my PC, but not via the browser on my Android phone. I discovered the problem when my Android phone presented me with the aforementioned post via the Android phonebook contact I have for this particular friend. The first problem I noticed was that the notification showing up under this contact's profile in my phonebook was two days old. His latest post was not what I saw. The second problem was, of course, the problem I previously described. But what's strange is that the post that was showing up in the contact's profile was the one missing from the FB page (viewed using the Android browser). Hopefully, you can follow my mess of an explanation. I hope that someone finds it useful and is maybe able to fix the problem.

20. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

I turn off the syncing of my live feed and just have it sync to my contacts so that everyone shows up with their FB pics. It works out great.