Facebook android app sucks?Support

Last Updated:

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it the app itself or the DX? Also I have gone through the browser and clicked "full site" and still get the "touch site" which appears the same as the app version. It doesn't always update and/or my post's won't go through. Also it doesn't show birthdays, which is annoying.

Can you get the full site or is there a better FB app out there?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Ha! - I was just going ot write a post that said the same thing. The related posts came up and I saw yours so i thought I would piggy back on.

Any updates on an actual app that works better than the stock Facebook app for Android? This one sucks so bad.

I *have* gone to the web version on the droid, but its not quite the same feel. Meaning on a small device it is less fulfilling. The iPhone Facebook apps is a nice app version - just wishing there was a good Android one.

nynvolt - looks like this has been an issue forever.

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Yep, the stock Facebook app sucks. Nothing you can do, though, as it's still the best one out there. Has nothing to do with the DX, it's just a lousy, half-completed app. I mean, seriously, what kind of stupid application actually bounces you out to the Facebook website to complete its tasks?

I have switched to the Pure Messenger widget for my news stream (because it'll do both twitter and facebook in the same list) so I don't go into the Facebook app much anymore.

I think there's probably money to be made for a smart coder who wants to create a really high quality Facebook app. I'd pay a few bucks for it, certainly.

4. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

A pretty nice one comes with Pro Launcher Plus now. Ive been using that for a day now with no problems.