Support Facebook android app sucks?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nynvolt, Sep 13, 2010.

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    Is it the app itself or the DX? Also I have gone through the browser and clicked "full site" and still get the "touch site" which appears the same as the app version. It doesn't always update and/or my post's won't go through. Also it doesn't show birthdays, which is annoying.

Can you get the full site or is there a better FB app out there?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Manager
    Suburbs of Boston
    Ha! - I was just going ot write a post that said the same thing. The related posts came up and I saw yours so i thought I would piggy back on.

Any updates on an actual app that works better than the stock Facebook app for Android? This one sucks so bad.

I *have* gone to the web version on the droid, but its not quite the same feel. Meaning on a small device it is less fulfilling. The iPhone Facebook apps is a nice app version - just wishing there was a good Android one.

nynvolt - looks like this has been an issue forever.

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Yep, the stock Facebook app sucks. Nothing you can do, though, as it's still the best one out there. Has nothing to do with the DX, it's just a lousy, half-completed app. I mean, seriously, what kind of stupid application actually bounces you out to the Facebook website to complete its tasks?

I have switched to the Pure Messenger widget for my news stream (because it'll do both twitter and facebook in the same list) so I don't go into the Facebook app much anymore.

I think there's probably money to be made for a smart coder who wants to create a really high quality Facebook app. I'd pay a few bucks for it, certainly.

4. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Student
    Ohio
    A pretty nice one comes with Pro Launcher Plus now. Ive been using that for a day now with no problems.