facebook app acting weirdSupport

Last Updated:

1. Medic7857

Medic7857 Member This Topic's Starter

Ive noticed that when I click on the notifications button on the facebook app it says "cannot retrieve notifications try again later, 601 parser error unexpected at position 68." The rest of the the app works just fine and updates as it should. Has anyone else had this problem or know what I should do to fix it? Ive tried several reboots, made sure i was in 3g and everything. Its just weird because this is the only update not working.

Advertisement
  2. bdudek

bdudek Active Member

I've been experiencing the same thing and would love to know the reason

3. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

I have a facebook widget on my home page and sometimes when I tap it, I get a blank screen but then if I tap on my Inbox or anything else on the top bar it shows up. Might be a glitch with the facebook app or something.

4. SpecialEd

SpecialEd Well-Known Member

I had some screwy facebook issues this week. Would not load, loading errors, etc. Finally it looked like I got logged out and had to log back in (did not save my credentials). Maybe they pushed an update? Can they do that? Very odd but ok now.

The worst is that some applications sneak into the news feed and I have not figured how to remove them. Stupid farmville.

5. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

I woud to know what's goin on because same thing is goin on with me but the news updates normally ... I hope this issue has been addressed to the developer

6. speeddemon40

speeddemon40 Member

I've been having trouble with it all week, and from the reviews on it in the market EVERYONE has! Hopefully they resolve it soon

7. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

Mines been doing that too....the entire facebook app is like a construction site....nothing works, lots of things are falling apart and nothing is connected yet.

I don't really understand why they would release an old version for android when the iPhone is like 2 versions later.

They have photo albums but you can't link to them. When the notifications actually work they link to the mobile site for some reason instead of the actual comment. I think they either need to finish the app or remove it completely. The site is more robust and that's not saying much!

8. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Me too, same issue. I went to the market and they have the developer's support email listed, the more we complain hopefully the faster they will fix it.

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

funny i have no issues with bloo

10. Medic7857

Medic7857 Member This Topic's Starter

Im glad im not the only one having problems! Hopefully it will get resolved soon. It worked fine for a while, but as someone else said it linked to the mobile site instead of just going to the comment. Sometimes I found that I would open it from the facebook app, and then when I hit the back button it went to the google home page as if I used the web browser. For such a great phone that has so much ability I would think the small things wouldnt be an issue. Hopefully well see a fix soon

11. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

same app, same issue. No notifications, however the browser with mobile facebook works great and even pushes notifications. There's always more than one way to approach problems ;)

12. bnuge942

bnuge942 Member

ya, I have tha same problem with the app but the browser facebook works great like the last guy said. I just saved it as a favorite in the dolphin browser. I wish they would add facebook chat to the app like the Iphone has though.

13. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 Well-Known Member

Ive been having the same exact problem , tried logging off and then back in again and nothing changes... suckss

the iphone's FB integration has been updated too in the last two days, wonder if this has any relevance

14. Plakius

Plakius Well-Known Member

This is a big issue ... and the reason being is that i should not have to work around on pre installed software .... we can not delete this faulty, less than exciting application so they should be high level urgency to fix this situation ... I've emailed them from the market and i suggest that everyone who is experiencing issue do the same and get this issue escalated and taken care of

email them!! ..... Android-support@facebook.com

15. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

The Facebook app isn't preinstalled. At least mine wasn't. I had the download it. There is social networking support built in and that works fine for me. It's just the notifications in the Facebook app that I downloaded from the marketplace.

16. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

App comes already installed on Droid, and nothing short of ROOTing will remove it. Thanks ekyle for the contact link! Android-support@facebook.com

17. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

18. zeroG

zeroG Active Member

I've been having the same notifications update error for 2 days now. However it did update it once yesterday somehow

19. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

I had problems with FB too but traced it back to using WIFI. Turn WIFI off and the app was ok. Turns out RR's choice of DNS servers for my router was jacked. Changed them to static ones that I knew were good and everything was good to go. Haven't had an issue since.

20. wirelessguy79

wirelessguy79 Member

I am having FB issues as well. I use the link that was book marked on my HTC Hero. When on the newsfeeds/update screen, I click on the 'MORE' and it gives me the same updates, and they are mixed up, like 13 hrs, 4 min, 3 hrs, 24 min, just random, but they keep repeating. I even tried going through the widget from the Market, same thing. SO not sure, they need to hurry up and get it fixed.

21. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I'm still having the notifications issue. Wifi or mobile 3G doesn't matter. Hopefully they'll update soon. :)