• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook app and general location, Galaxy S3.

alc485

Lurker
Dec 17, 2012
I'm not sure if it's the app or Facebook itself. I keep having to "turn my general location on"...what I'll do is create a post that only I can see and I'll type in the name of the city/town that I'm in, that's the only way I can seem to do that. For the rest of the day, it'll know my general location and then it seems to disappear, even for past posts where the location was displayed under the status. I've also noticed this with the mobile version of Facebook, not just the app. As far as my phone's location settings, they're turned on. Can anyone tell me what may be going on?

I'm not sure if it's the app or Facebook itself. I keep having to "turn my general location on"...what I'll do is create a post that only I can see and I'll type in the name of the city/town that I'm in, that's the only way I can seem to do that. For the rest of the day, it'll know my general location and then it seems to disappear, even for past posts where the location was displayed under the status. I've also noticed this with the mobile version of Facebook, not just the app. As far as my phone's location settings, they're turned on. Can anyone tell me what may be going on?

Do you want Facebook to show your location? If yes then make sure in Location settings/services "Use Wireless Networks" is ticked or turned on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones