1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

facebook app changed?

Last Updated:

1. Markymarkmark1234

Markymarkmark1234 Member This Topic's Starter

hello all,
    i went to a maifest parade today, and when i went to take pictures with the facebook app the upload kept cancelling and saying "could not upload picture 1 of 1" etc. so when we got home, thinking that the problem was due to a lack of 3G at the parade location, i tried to use the facebook app, and still got the "could not upload" error. my husband told me that he no longer had the "take photo" option in his facebook app, so i deleted the app and re-downloaded/installed it, and now my facebook app no longer has the "take photo" option as well. what gives?

Advertisement
  2. FatBoyClam

FatBoyClam New Member

I got a new HTC Desire a couple of days ago, and when I was installing my favourite apps, I noticed there was an update to Facebook app (to v1.2).

I've uninstalled it (reverting to the shipped version of 1.12), so looking at the update in the Market the screenshot seems to have Inbox instead of Add Photo.

You should still be able to take a photo and upload it from the camera application

The reason I reverted to factory version was that the update appeared to break the facebook home screen widget (It just showed a 'trouble loading gadget' message where the widget should have been.

I've just redownloaded the update to v1.2 to check it out for you.

While there is no explicit 'Add Photo' on the facebook home screen, when you are in the News Feed screen, or your Profile, I have a small camera icon to the left of the Status Update input, clicking this immedately takes you to the camera, and when you take the photo it prompts to add a caption and upload it.

Additionally, if you follow the Photos link from the Home screen, and go to an album (e.g. Mobile Uploads), and press the phones' menu button the options there include 'Take Photo' to take and immediately upload a photo, or 'Upload Photo' to select a photo from an album to upload.

Seems to me they've extended the photo options in the app, although they're not as obvious.

Hope this helps, and restores some of your enjoyment of your phone.

I'm going to revert to v1.12 now, as this update has borked my facebook widget again :-(

Cal

ScandaLeX and Markymarkmark1234 like this.
  3. Markymarkmark1234

Cal, thank you for the information. I tried your suggestions and they work as hoped. This problem didn't effect my enjoyment of my phone, it just caused me to miss some photo ops over the weekend..
    thanks again

4. Markymarkmark1234

Cal, thank you for the information. I tried your suggestions and they work as hoped. This problem didn't effect my enjoyment of my phone, it just caused me to miss some photo ops over the weekend..
    thanks again