• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook app 'close friends' push notifications stopped working

mohank

Lurker
Mar 10, 2012
Hi,

I am using HTC Droid Incredible 2 phone. I didn't have Facebook app Push notifications working on this phone while others were working. After going through the forums I found that logging into Facebook app from Blackberry phone resolves this issue. I did it and it indeed resolved the problem and I was getting notification very well.

But, all of sudden, for past 20 days, I stopped receiving notifications for Close Friends activities which I used to receive earlier. I read solutions to
    • clear cache
    • logout from the app and login again
    • reboot the phone
    • reinstall the app
    • try to repeat Blackberry login steps
    • check/uncheck the checkbox for '
      BlackBerry Smartphones App' under Account setting -> notifications -> other applications

I tried all these and still the close friends activities push notifications do not seem to be working. I went through different forums, but I couldn't find a solution for this.

I want to try one thing -
    Unauthorize 'BlackBerry Smartphones App' so that it can go away from my Account setting -> notifications -> other applications section. Then I wan to login from Blackberry phone once again. But I don't know how to unauthorize to remove it from the list. Could someone please suggest how to do this?

Could someone please suggest how to resolve this by any other means? I desperately want Close Friends notification to be in touch with them actively. Does the extreme step of factory reset help resolve this issue?

Just to update, I took the decision for extreme step and I did factory reset of my phone. Then I performed all Blackberry related steps once again. Still I do not get notifications for Close friends activities which I used to get earlier. Other notifications seem to be working because I received one notification for event cancellation. But, I do not get the close friends notifications yet. Could someone suggest what can be done to fix this?

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I experience exactly the same issues that you have described here. I have already tried all these steps you mentioned, but it does not work for me either. Also tried to contact facebook and ask them to look into the issue, but I am not sure whether I should expect an answer soon if ever.

Do you - by chance - have any updates on this issue?

Thanks.

P.s.: I noticed, that notifications for messages & someone posting on my wall however seem to work, it is just 'Close Friends' activity that does not push anything to my phone.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I experience exactly the same issues that you have described here. I have already tried all these steps you mentioned, but it does not work for me either. Also tried to contact facebook and ask them to look into the issue, but I am not sure whether I should expect an answer soon if ever.

Do you - by chance - have any updates on this issue?

Thanks.

P.s.: I noticed, that notifications for messages & someone posting on my wall however seem to work, it is just 'Close Friends' activity that does not push anything to my phone.

I am also having the exact same issues you described.:thinking:

I started using friendcaster but the deal breaker for me was that if some of your friends don't allow third party apps to view their accounts you can't view them through friendcaster!

Upvote 0
Having same problem too. Facebook close friend notifications not pushed to phone notifications but still receive all other types of Facebook push notifications. But close friend notifications is in notifications list in Facebook app itself. I've even changed phone many times, used both stock ROM and custom Roms (currently on a stock Nexus 5).unfriended and re friended the close friend and placed her back into close friend list. Nothing worked. Went to my local Facebook office and they said they can only meet users by appointment.FML. Facebook also isn't really helpful over their in built help center as they just sent their template message to me saying they may not respond to all help requests. Guess I'm stuck with this problem. Its been over a year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones