1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook app crap

Last Updated:

1. williap

williap Member This Topic's Starter

I think everybody agrees that the Android Facebook app is rubbish compaired to the IPhone version.

My wife has an IPod and received another Facebook update today sorting all the problems out with the recent update that was issued a few weeks ago.

I can't beleive that Facebook can get this fixed so quickly yet still can't manage to give us an app that comes anywhere near the standard of the Iphone one!

I amonst other have emailed Facebook asking when they intend to give us a decent app but it seems like nobody ever gets a response from them.

Has anybody had any joy getting a response as surely they must read the comment section and see what a load of crap it is?

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

I uninstalled the facebook app from my N1, and use touch.facebook.com instead.
    Some time ago, Facebook and Google had a falling out, and I always believed that to be the reason why we get a shitty Android app.
    There are a bunch of replacement Facebook apps on the market, but it seems their all paid-for apps, so I'm hesitant to even try them.

3. daniellejohnson4

daniellejohnson4 Member

Try Bloo. He is supposedly working on Bloo Too but its been a while since I have heard anything...

4. IXDoubleDXI

IXDoubleDXI Active Member

wow, I never use the FB app on my touch, but I did yesterday and I have to agree with you, the one for Android is weak as hell! Regardless of issues between FB and Google, FB should be updating the app for the users. That's my 2 cents.

5. tikigod19

tikigod19 Well-Known Member

does anyone know if any of the paid apps to access facebook are any good? I'm sick of how useless the android app is

6. MrDeeJ

MrDeeJ Well-Known Member

I started using Friendcaster on another poster recommendation yesterday. I am still getting the hang of it but I like the notifications better on it and you can actually like people's comments with it. There is a free version in the market if you want to try it out. It does have ads but I think after playing with it a bit more I might make a jump to the paid version.

7. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

I started using friendcaster back when it was flow. I love how it has the popup notification and I use the paid version cause of the no ads and you can change the notification time to less than 30 minutes

8. LNMoton

LNMoton Well-Known Member

+1 for Friendcaster. This is what i use and i love how it has pop up notifications. Try it out and see if you like it.

9. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member

I've tried Friendcaster and mnay others, several times, and keep going back to the Facebook for Android app.

Its only drawback is the lack of notifications, but this is easily remedied by using a SMS Popup app, I prefer Go SMS Pro.

Then log into facebook on your PC and configure mobile notifications and select every available option available for SMS Notifications, and if there are any you want that do not offer SMS Notifications, then select email notifications for those.

So now you'll have the Android app, which is better than Friendcaster in my opinion, and supports chat. Then every time someone replies to your facebook post, or sends you a message, you'll get a big SMS Pop Up Window on your phone from Go SMS Pro. Best of all, Go SMS synchs all of your contacts with their facebook profile pic, and that is insluded in the notification pop up.

10. 2manyPHONES

I don't like the chat feature in the fb for android app I never get the notification, I use go! Chat for fb chat just placed the widget on my screen and I'm good to go

11. yash78

yash78 Well-Known Member

How do you get thos chat widget

12. 2manyPHONES

The chat widget from the go chat app you just long press on the screen add widget. But if you have app2sd and moved the go chat for fb app to your sd card then the widget will not work

13. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

one of the latest versions of Go put a fb chat option into it, so your fb chats and sms all come into one inbox, but have different notifications. If you are using the go sms pro, from your inbox, swipe to the left and it will show you a fb chat option. download it and youre all set

14. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I just started using FriendCaster. So far, I like it. I was using the FB app in conjunction with FriendStream (HTC). I'm going to give it a week to see if I want to keep it or go back.