• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook App - Inbox

Somebody else mentioned this the other day about using lite.facebook.com
It has INBOX and it actually pretty fast. Comparable to the FB app itself.
I just created a Bookmark shortcut on the desktop to the site and I use it now instead of the app. Tried it on the stock browser, Dolphin and xScope. xScope appears to be the fastest, at least for me. Hope this may work for you as well.

Upvote 0
This is all Facebook's fault. Apparently they helped Apple write the iPhone app and therefore it does everything including chat and inbox. But working with Apple was such a pain that they decided not to ever do that again and let third parties handle the apps.

However they refuse to release the APIs (program interfaces) required for third party apps to work with the inbox.

So apparently the upshot is: The Android FB app sucks and it won't get better anytime soon, all thanks to facebook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones