Facebook app issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. gtt

gtt Member This Topic's Starter

The Facebook app on my Desire doesn't seem to be working. A couple of days ago I couldn't refresh the "Notifications" page, it gave me a brief message about an error.

Now I'm getting the same message on the News Feed page

"An error had occurred while fetching data. [101/Invalid API Key]".

I'm on T-Mobile, if that helps.

Anyone else having this issue or any advice?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. m.munroe

m.munroe Member

I am have the HTC Droid Incredible. Since the OTA update to Android 2.2, Facebook Notifications has been failing with error message, "Unexpected parser error 601 at position 64." I've tried removing my account from sync, deleting the widget, forcing the app closed and clearing the data. Facebook 1.2 and Facebook for HTC Sense 1.0 remain grayed out and can't "uninstall". I have done this several times and then added the account to sync and signed on again. I am on Verizon. No improvement. Any ideas?

3. m.munroe

m.munroe Member

A friend sent me to the Verizon forum and that solution worked for me. I went to Facebook.com on the internet using my phone and downloaded the new Facebook mobil application there. This is better than what was available on "Market" yesterday.

"Well, I took your advice and connected to Facebook from the Internet. I then clicked on download Facebook for Android device. It replaced the existing Facebook app and everything seems to be working well and the format of Facebook is even better. Thanks!"

4. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

Anyone else tried this?

Is there any way to tell with version of the facebook app you have installed?

Thanks