Facebook App - News Feed not working anymore??General

Last Updated:

1. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

For some reason, my Facebook App doesn't show the News Feed anymore. It worked this morning, but not anymore... When I click the News Feed button, it just says "Loading User Info..." and then it shows my info.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Advertisement
  2. cmack

cmack Well-Known Member

This has happened to me before and is also right now. I think its just down for the time being.
  3. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

I noticed a lot of friends complaining about the new look of Facebook. It may be FB and not your phone.
  4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Use Bloo.

The native facebook app stinks anyway.
  5. davros

davros Well-Known Member

Facebook really really needs to make a real android app
  6. pandalee

pandalee Well-Known Member

Can you upload videos to facebook using bloo?
  7. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

This also happened to me this morning. I rebooted the phone and it went back to the News Feed, not my user info. Hope this helps.
  8. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

That was my plan... except I rebooted my phone and it exploded, suddenly nothing worked, everything force closed constantly, I had "No Service", and I couldn't do anything. I took it to Verizon and they had to do a factory reset.

And after all that... now I have a News Feed.

....sigh............. :( :confused:
  9. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

This is happening to me know.
    I don't think I want to do a reboot to fix it.
    Why can't they just fix the problem??
  10. mersh21

mersh21 Well-Known Member

I had this issue twice in the last two days. I went into Settings and logged out of Facebook in Social Networks...waited a few minutes and then logged back in and it was back to the feed. I'm sure it's just another issue with the Facebook app. They need to figure out how to make a good one.

Even when I had my BB's they had a decent Facebook app but it was still just as buggy as Android's. It's just something on Facebook's end I'm sure. They need to get their s#*t together and make a quality app for smartphones.

Trust me I'm sure it will go back to crappy "normal" and then glitch out again in a few days.
  11. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure its facebook because the FB app for my ipod touch is sweeeeet
  12. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Right now I have an iPhone, and yeah, the Facebook app is great. However, when I had a BlackBerry Storm, I remember the FB app being terrible. Not only that, but the iPhone/iPod FB app gets updates all the time. I think there is some smart phone discrimination going on here...
  13. mersh21

mersh21 Well-Known Member

Facebook for my iPod Touch is sweet as well. It's the best one out there. I think the culprit my be the fact that Facebook is updating it's regular website. I just went on through my computer and my homepage is completelt different. Looks like they changed it....again. I'm sure that when they do updates it has to affect the apps they've created. I wish the Android Facebook was like the iPod's. The iPod's has chat too which is sweet.

Hopefully one day we will get a creditable Facebook app for Android.
  14. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

This is Facebook's problem since they rolled out an update for FB and the Android App probably hasn't been updated to reflect it so it's causing conflicts.

FB through the website is even worse, it'll show me most recent items from last month.
  15. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

i dont use the native FB app. i found one in the market and i dig it. gets the job done.
  16. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

Do tell which app you like.
  17. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

I think you are right.
    Because mine is up and running like before, its ok but the iphone version is waaay better
  18. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I used to like the touch site for FB, but that too has gone down hill. I've reverted back to a combo of the Facebook for Android and m.facebook.com. I rely heavily on email notifications for messages/wall posts.

It's been awhile since we've had an update for our FB app. Hopefully one comes soon.
  19. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

You just didn't have enough memory left. Installed too many apps / too much cache for those apps / etc.

If this ever happens again, open something like ES File Explorer and the Applications feature (picture of the gears almost all the way to the right)

or if it lets you, Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

and go to Browser, hit 'Clear Cache' (could be several MB saved there), and UNINSTALL a few apps that you don't use.

Look for big ones, like Sound Boards, or Icon sets (for BetterCut or OpenHome or whatever) that take up a lot of space.

This all-things-force-closing happens with you either install too many apps, or those apps (like Browser) get too bloated with cache and data.

Delete Browser Cache, the cache from 'Albums', and uninstall a few apps, and reboot again. If this doesn't work, repeat this process and uninstall MORE things. You'll get it to work eventually. No matter what, it's better than a hard reset. That stinks! Wasn't necessary, probably!
  20. rick311

when i go to the market and go to most popular downloads, its one of the 1st apps that come up. i like it more than facebooks current facelift.
  21. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

what is it called????
  22. rick311

"facebook app for android" . . . what i do is go into the market, click "all applications" sort "by popularity" and its like the 3rd or 4th app down.
  23. catdax

catdax Member

FB app is so awful that I always go to the full site. Everything seems to work as it should from there . Is the FB app from market better than the one that comes on the Droid?
  24. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I think it's the same one that come with the Moto Droid. Eris users have to download it from the Market.
  25. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Well-Known Member

That's the same pitiful app I have. Facebook really needs to step it up and make a good, functioning app for Android.