• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook App notification issue

sapv

Jul 19, 2010
I am using Facebook app on my new samsung captivate. I have set the refresh interval at 30 minutes. and notifications checked (active). i have chosen messages, Pokes, Friend Requests and event invites all checked green under notification settings. For some reason, whenever i receive a friend request, i dont get notified under my notification bar. I always see that when i open the application. I was hoping to get notification without opening the app. do i need to do something to fix this? Or am i missing something very basic here.

Thanks. I went to the overall phone settings. Accounts and Sync. I see facebook there but the sync is off. When i look into the sync option for facebook, it has SNS setting (to decide sync interval) and under Data & synchronization..i see sync contacts and sync calendar. I dont see anything on notification settings. i have chosen notification settings inside the app as i have described earlier. Do you think that i should have facebook having sync status to have notifications pushed? please advise

Note: i just realized something. I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I usually kill all running apps in the background. Probably thats the reason ?? ..i know it is kinda dumb to ask these questions...excuse

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones