Facebook App notification issue

Last Updated:

1. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using Facebook app on my new samsung captivate. I have set the refresh interval at 30 minutes. and notifications checked (active). i have chosen messages, Pokes, Friend Requests and event invites all checked green under notification settings. For some reason, whenever i receive a friend request, i dont get notified under my notification bar. I always see that when i open the application. I was hoping to get notification without opening the app. do i need to do something to fix this? Or am i missing something very basic here.

Advertisement
  2. sapv

Can anyone please help

3. gflare

gflare Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but you may need to goto your overall android settings screen, then accounts, and add the facebook account there (if not there already). Then allow it to sync and provide notifications.

Hopefully this helps, I don't have my phone with me right now to double-check...

4. sapv

Thanks. I went to the overall phone settings. Accounts and Sync. I see facebook there but the sync is off. When i look into the sync option for facebook, it has SNS setting (to decide sync interval) and under Data & synchronization..i see sync contacts and sync calendar. I dont see anything on notification settings. i have chosen notification settings inside the app as i have described earlier. Do you think that i should have facebook having sync status to have notifications pushed? please advise

Note: i just realized something. I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I usually kill all running apps in the background. Probably thats the reason ?? ..i know it is kinda dumb to ask these questions...excuse

5. partymonster

partymonster Member

It looks like the highest frequency setting is hourly. Basically, useless.