Facebook app problem

Last Updated:

1. V4RGX528i

V4RGX528i Member This Topic's Starter

I have a problem with my facebook app on my EVO 4G.

First of all I used to be able to sync all contacts from facebook onto my fone, including profile pictures, etc. Now for some reason my fone won't sync them and it keeps getting "Connection Error" when I attempt to re-sync them.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I tried restarting the fone, signing out and signing back in, etc and no luck :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Gingie

Gingie Member

I kinda had the same-ish problem. What you have to make sure of is that the names are exactly how they are on Facebook. My friend said there is a way to sync them all at once, but I had to manually accept each sync. (grr. It took me 20 minutes)

3. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

did you try going to "settings>accounts & sync>facebook"? Uncheck and Receck "Sync Contacts"?

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

did you check if there's an "update" for your facebook app through the app market? Maybe there's an update that fixes that problem?

I can't say that it's a common issue because mine syncs up fine with all my contacts.

5. V4RGX528i

Yes I spent 20 minutes also syncing everyone to their proper contact info on my fone, and now it's all gone!

I've tried to check and uncheck the "sync contacts" option, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, took off the update for facebook, that didnt work either. Updated it again, still doesn't work!

My friend's list shows "You don't have any friends" as a result on my Friendstream, which i believe is where my fone is getting the links for the contacts in my address book.

Any help? Otherwise I'm going to Sprint later for another issue also:mad:

6. drexappeal

Did you try deleting your Facebook account (on your phone) and then re-establishing the account on the phone? (Not sure if that's what you meant by "uninstall and reinstall")

7. V4RGX528i

Yes I've tried deleting my account and re-establishing it on my phone (which was the first thing I tried before deleting and reinstalling facebook)

8. drexappeal

Hmmm...Sorry, those are the only ones I could come up with off the top of my head.

9. tttrader

tttrader New Member

I too am having the same problem! when I try to link contacts to facebook, I get the you have 0 friends and connection error when I try to refresh??? Please help....so annoying!!!

10. Geekslayer

Geekslayer Member

I'm having the same problem, I don't think it's a Sprint problem, because it happens when I'm connected to my Wi-Fi too. I think it's a HTC Sence application problem, I mean the Facebook side, not the phone side.