• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook App/Same Account on 2 Devices

nds76

Lurker
Jun 21, 2015
Hi, first off I am new here. I have two Android devices, a tablet and a phone. My question is regarding the Facebook app. So I have Facebook on my phone and I logged in with my phone number. OK, now I want to log in to the Facebook app on my tablet with the the same Facebook account. Can I do this and will it mess up any settings if I do? I have it just the way I want it on my phone. Also since my tablet is wifi only and makes no calls, is in necessary to use my phone number? Hope this isn't too confusing. I just want to be sure everything will be ok.

I don't know the FB app very well, but presume you are just using the phone number as an identifier, in which case I can't see why it wouldn't work.

No problem with accessing the same account from 2 devices - if you use phone and computer, why should phone and tablet be any different?

True enough. In my situation I use an older version of Facebook on my phone because I have found that newer versions do not show my location on my posts and I like my location on my posts. I'm not sure if things have changed in that regard. It has been a while since I've tinkered with a new version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones