Facebook app sucks

Last Updated:

1. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else notice the facebook links in email when opened on the phone never take you to the right place? The integration of Facebook and Android kinda sucks. If someone comments on my profile, I can't answer through my phone.

Advertisement
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

Sure it's been noticed....There are about a dozen threads to that fact...

3. Dan_Droid

Dan_Droid Banned

The Facebook app in its current incarnation isn't all that great, but I'm sure it will improve.

Of course, you can always open up Facebook in your web browser. It works just fine in it, and it gives you the exact same access to Facebook as you would have via your computer's web browser (except for playing Flash games...but that's coming next year).

4. Timaphillips

Once flash is enabled or they learn to link YouTube videos it will be better.

5. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member

What's weird is I can't believe they released this garbage app with Android. What's even odder is they know its garbage but yet have not acknowledged it like they did the camera focus bug. I mean for real, no notifications from FB?

6. illiniguy73

illiniguy73 Member

I just placed a bookmark to touch.facebook.com (better than m.facebook.com) on my desktop. Much more functionality than the crap app.

7. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

Theres alot of stuff Android needs to work on, or do they?... they can always depend on the Market to sell better apps to fix and make the crappy ones that come with the Os better. Thats a better way to solve problems. You got more apps on the market, make some $$$, dont waste Google time. Win winso dont count on a google fix.

8. Dan_Droid

Dan_Droid Banned

True, but I don't think Google made the Facebook app on the Droid, Facebook did.

9. Dan_Droid

Dan_Droid Banned

Nice! I didn't even know that version of the site existed!

10. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

I for one think this FB app is far superior to the one on my BB curve. It really wasn't worth using. I think this app will only get better.

11. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

I agree the Android app is fairly pathetic in its current incarnation. The original iPhone version was better than ours but nowhere near as good as it currently is, this leads me to believe the Android version will see steady improvements until it's on par with the iPhone version.

On a related note, does anyone know why a photo I uploaded to FB from my Droid in the Facebook app is so small? Is there any way to upload larger versions of the image? The Android photo I uploaded is 121 pixels

12. JoeFresco

JoeFresco Well-Known Member

13. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

re: links-I haven't had this problem at all. I just checked again to make sure.

14. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't think there could be a worse facebook app than FB on winmo until I tried the Android version. Just terrible cant even read and reply to inbox messages. FB on my kid's Ipod Touch Rocks. Hope they will bring the android version up to speed soon...

15. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

Even at touch.facebook.com if someone comments on a photo of mine I have no idea how to read it. When I click the comments thread link it just takes me to a thumbnail view of the album. Am I missing something?

16. Timaphillips

Even my Curve did this better than my Droid. It's embarrassing and a cluster f*** at best.

17. Chip.Deon

Chip.Deon Member

i just left the curve and the fb app for android is weak in comparison. it was so easy to make comments from the blackberry..... i even liked the iphone one better!!

18. MysteryloverAnne

MysteryloverAnne Well-Known Member

I have tested every type of FB link that I could get through two different e-mail accounts and none of them work right on the Droid. :(

19. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

Just go to Facebook in the browser and click "full site" at the bottom, it just like Facebook on your computer.

20. Campah

Campah Well-Known Member

21. Timaphillips

Yeah I do that when browsing, etc., but when it comes to responding to notifications that my phone receives either through a facebook or email notification, the links never take me remotely close to where I need to go. Frustrating.

22. anuleif

anuleif Well-Known Member

I'm not a big facebook head or anything (lol), but I have to admit that this does kind of suck. The phone goes through so much trouble to sync even unwanted facebook "friends" in your contact list, yet the app is not all it's cracked up to be. It doesn't suck because I really wanted facebook. It sucks because they used this as part of their marketing. The widget is pointless and I don't use it. On the site itself, using the shortcut, I can't even view my own profile (there's some sort of error).

I assumed that their widget would display notifications and new comments. But, honestly... fb is screwy anyhow. The text alerts come 4 hours later.... often just before daybreak, after I've already replied. As well, my text status updates are often delayed. LOL, so I guess, in all honesty, we shouldn't expect too much from a facebook app anyway. :)

23. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

Some people like Bloo as a FB app.

The only drawback is that you can't send messages.

24. MysteryloverAnne

MysteryloverAnne Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, that doesn't help with the FB links received through e-mail notifications.

25. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

yeah i've heard bloo is good.