Facebook app sucks!General

Last Updated:

1. jaybigboy34

jaybigboy34 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know most of you already know this, but it is driving me crazy! First I download pictures from my pc to my phone and make a few albums. It lets me post my album pics on facebook, but not a profile pic! No matter what I tried it would not let me put one on there so I had to do that on my pc. Next, it never alerts me when I have a new notication. Also, i didn't think i was ever going to figure out how to add a friend! It kept coming up with a security word to type, so I type the words in and it kept coming back as not valid. So it has a link to register your phone to bypass the security word, and what does it say....page not found!! So I finally just go to my browser and log into facebook that way and register my phone and it FINALLY lets me add friends!! Is anyone else having this much problems? Are there any fixes to make the facebook app more user friendly? Sorry for the long post

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. albiewan

albiewan Well-Known Member

I have installed Bloo, Android for Facebook, Facebook Mobile, etc and have discovered that none of these apps does it all. The most success I've had is to just log on to the Facebook full site and plod along. The most frustrating part about all of these apps is the lack of a consistent refresh command that works on all of the pages. Because FB is so popular I would assume that eventually someone will get it right. I feel your pain.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

4. albiewan

Facebook lite appears to be a switch (via PC) from regular full site to lite version, correct? As I could not find a lite app it means when I access via Eris it would take me directly to the lite version? Are you aware of refresh capabilties while on mobile?

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

dont know much about it at all, as i understand it though, it is another mobile options

you havall these facebooks

full
    www.facebook.com

mobile
    m.facebook.com

touch
    touch.facebook.com

lite
    lite.facebook.com

6. livefreebee

livefreebee Active Member

I've tried all the facebook apps, and I love Bloo. I'd give that a try or just stick with the bookmarked mobile site on your browser. My only complaint about Bloo is you can't compose message from it, but you can receive.

7. albiewan

Thanks for your help Caddyman. Please take a look at my other thread posted today regarding sound amplifier/hearing aid app. There is this AmpliCell prototype (source code published) and as usual, I would appreciate your input.

8. albiewan

Yeh Bloo seems quick and easy. Like I said though nothing works 100%. I guess I'm pushing the little Eris a bit much to act like my laptop. Haha.

9. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

No they just need to make a good FB app.
    The FB app on my apple itouch works like a charm.

10. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Bloo is OK. Someone needs to make a prettier, more efficient official Facebook app.

I believe this actually will happen. Enough people don't like how lame the stock app is. iPhone users laugh at us.

11. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

The Facebook app does suck, I just booked marked the mobile facebook page.. Don't really like the touch one it seems to have a probelm showing new status updates for me. The mobile one works great

12. gm991

gm991 Well-Known Member

hell I have both and I laugh at us.....lol

13. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

I agree it does suck! I've been getting random notifications here and there, but can't figure out how it happens LoL. I have a few friends in my address book on my Eris, and when they update something on Facebook, it notifies me, but usually a day later.

Hopefully there will be a good FB app soon for us! I remember on my Blackberry that I would receive instant notifications to my phone, once I linked my email BB email address to notify me.

Oh well!

14. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Yea, does anyone know how to turn the FB notifications off without uninstalling the whole app? I went to 'manage applications' but that didn't help. Ideas?

15. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Open the Facebook app. Hit Menu > and either Settings or Preferences, I forget. You can turn off notifications from that.

The notifications you get might be DIFFERENT from the ones you get from the HTC Facebook built in program. Under Home > Menu > Settings > Social Network > Facebook, if you're logged in, you have to turn off, or reduce the frequency of updates. From this screen hit Menu > Account Settings, and reduce the frequency (or turn off) of Facebook updates. For some reason, with Twitter, it makes you update, you can't turn it off.

So try to distinguish. If you have Notifications off in your Facebook App, you might still have them on under Settings > Social Networks. They seem similar, and sometimes give you similar information, but are different.

16. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Thanks Paul, I think that did it! Now if we could only get youtube links to play consistently over 3g. Haha.