Facebook App TroubleSupport

1. honeytone

honeytone Member

Hello everybody! I'm new on the forum as well as a X8 user (recently bought)

The thing is, I've updated the app for Facebook (the site told me to) and is working terrible... I mean, it freezes everytime on the 'loading' screen and whenever I try to navigate it stucks. When I finally get to see the news feed the profile pics are not showing, can't open my profile, etc...

Is it a problem of compatibility with X8 phones (or Android 2.1 maybe?). Are you getting the same problems?

Let me know.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

This could be a problem with the update not applying itself correctly. Try this:

Main Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu Button > Filter > All > Facebook > Uninstall updates or Clear Data.
    honeytone likes this.
  3. honeytone

honeytone Member

Thanks. Already done that and gets me back to the older version of the app. This one seems to work a little better, but since it's and older version can't use some features like fb chat.

Is this a common problem on xperia phones? Or is it just this Fb app who sucks?
    Anybody having same problem?
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

I have seen it before but I would not say it is common. If you have rolled it back now log onto the Market and update the application again and hopefully the update will apply itself correctly this time.
  5. tanabe

tanabe Well-Known Member

i had this problem, updated the fb app and it wont refresh, only a white screen.. all i did was i uninstalled all updates, then i re-updated it, log in and everything worked fine..
    but then i noticed my phone contacts didnt sync with FB contacts, so i had to log out and log in again and it worked fine..
  6. honeytone

honeytone Member

Tried to do so... also I've tried fully uninstalling the FB app and then reinstalling from the market. But nothing, it keeps working awfully.

Looking at some reviews on this app on the Market, I've read some users having the same problem. It may be an issue with the last update. So I'm gonna wait until they release a new update and hope they'll fix it.
  7. tkox hell

tkox hell New Member

i am facing the same problem but it's not the solution
  8. tkox hell

tkox hell New Member

i've got the same problem too :(
  9. Sam-SonyXperia

If you have tried all of the above steps, then you may also wish to try updating the phone via PC Companion.
  10. tanabe

tanabe Well-Known Member

if uninstalling updates, then updating them back again doesn't work, then the only thing that could be the problem is that your connection in not stable..
    i have those problem sometimes, switching to a different wifi connection solves my problem. hope this helps.