1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook app - when will it get updated??

Last Updated:

1. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Facebook downright sucks. It's a poor implementation... often get errors when trying to post a comment. And having pics and notification links just link you to the web version is quite lame.

WHEN can we expect a refresh of the Facebook app??? :mad:

Advertisement
  2. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

I have tried Babbler, Bloo, Facebook Touch and the built in one on the Eris.. they all have features I like, but not one of them does everything I want.

the built in one does most of what I want, but it doesn't give me the option to post a pic to my wall, touch lets you take a photo but adds it to an album.

Babbler I can't seem to create or respond to email with...

very frustrating that such a popular website can't have a decent app.

3. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

I dont see what the fuss is about. I hear people complain about the app all the time but it works just fine for me.. I guess it would be nice if it had IM with it but other than that its ok.

What dont you guys like about it?

4. badfrog

badfrog Well-Known Member

how do you access your messages? create a new message? etc... I can't.
    I don't even have an inbox option on it.

5. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

You make a good point, I guess i never noticed that because i always leave comments or post on someones wall. I dont use the messages on fb to much. Now that I look i see how that could be a problem for most people.

6. SubyWill

SubyWill Well-Known Member

it's lacking, the blackberry facebook app was even better. i never had to go to the mobile site with that.

7. mi_canuck

can't tag either... can't delete or clear a headline... can't view inbox as mentioned above... the notification feature doesn't work...

8. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

Yes the actual app does suck. What I do now is I put a bookmark to the website on my home screen. The website goes to a mobile version and you get to se the private messages and everything. The only thing you can tdo from the mobile website is upload picts, but theres an easy way around that.

Give the actual website a try. At the bottom of it you can click on full or mobile site.

9. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i agree, it needs to be updated bad. compared to apples, blackberries and palms , androids is the worst

10. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Yep, all of the Facebook apps suck. I use facebook's full website, not the mobile version. Most of the feature work on the phones browser. Its better than any of the apps.

11. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

yeah but the browser actually works on android so I just go to thier mobile site. Surfing on a berry makes me want to stab the phone ;) so the FB HAD to do more!
    I don't use the app much, but I like that its clean and simple for just checking something real quick. I can send pics up from my phone through any media app, and if someone messages me FB sends me a txt anyway, and if I wanna chat with someone on there ebuddy to the rescue.

12. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I think the latest version of the off Facebook app supports pictures so they don't link to the web anymore.

Personally I'm quite happy with Bloo, just would be nice for Facebook to allow sending messages in their API.

13. madfretter

madfretter New Member

I cant get this app to work on my htc hero.... anyone else have trouble with it?

14. HANNA_ANG

HANNA_ANG Member

Yea I can't wait for Facebook to give an update on the app..because I want to be able to have a chat function, leave messages in inbox and vice versa, tag people, and many more missing!!!! ahhh... please :p

15. jacindc

jacindc Active Member

There's an update just now posted to the Market, but it appears to be **very** minor. No big changes.

16. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I want access to my inbox & notifications like the iPhone receives.

17. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Whatever the minor fixes were, they made it so my profile pics won't load properly. I just get silhouettes for many. Shouldn't have updated. Damn it.

18. mi_canuck

hmmm... indeed... thnx

per the notes... QVGA support... woop-dee-do... :rolleyes:

19. SubyWill

SubyWill Well-Known Member

new update is nothing. so gay.

20. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member

Bump..

Any new updates soon? Quite disappointing especially coming from the BB Storm.

21. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

I usually just use the mobile website using dolphin or the stock browser.

Why is it when I see in my news that somebody posted a comment on a photo and I click on that photo it takes me to their entire gallery instead of just the photo?

Also this thing misses countless updates in my news feed. Most of it may be total garbage but I know I get more than 5 items over a 10 hour period.

How is it that my BB curve possibly had a better facebook app? Of all apps to be half assed, you would think twitter and FB would be high priority for google to crack the whip on.

22. jjswee

jjswee Active Member

All it needs to do is model the new facebook app on the iphone. Mobile app seems to work, didn't think of that.

23. lanceuppercut

lanceuppercut Member

anyone able to get notifications to be anywhere useful on a desire? 30 minute updates seem a bit useless but on top of that the notifications dont even work..

24. Starlight

Starlight Member

Agree.

I cant receive notifications either, even I go into the app it says I dont have any but when I log into the website I do! Very annoying.

A lot of people have been using bloo, try giving that a go. Im just away to download it now.

25. jjswee

jjswee Active Member

For notifications to show in the app you must refresh using the menu button.