Facebook app ??

Last Updated:

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the facebook App for android on my non rooted Sprint HTC Hero. I have the notifications turned on so I will get notified when someone sends me a message, I also have the Refresh Interval every 30min. However someone has sent me a message and the phone did not alert me. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong.

Advertisement
  2. Super 27

Super 27 Member

As far as I know it's a common issue. The official Facebook app is a piece of crap, and the notifications are very inconsistent. Personally, I just use email notifications and then use the touch.facebook.com site to do everything.

3. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Well-Known Member

if u use the integrated facebook thru Sense then when someone sends u a message it will show an envelope icon next to their name in ur contacts. if u click on it it will take u to ur message inbox on facebooks actual website. The social network apps in the market r crap IMO. I haven't messed around with it to see if u can have it audibly notify u but even still u gotta go thru ur contacts to see facebook updates and watnot so thats WIWD.