Facebook birthdays sync with "my calendar"?Support

Last Updated:

1. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do not have sync birthdays checked under my accounts. The Facebook birthday events have been added to "my calendar" events. I have even done a hard reset. No luck. Any ideas?

Seems like a syncing issue. I want to be able to use LPP agenda widget, but I can not customize which calendars to view. This has not happened on my Droid X or Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

might be a better way, but if not you can always go into your calendar and delete the events?

3. ecpolo521

ecpolo521 Well-Known Member

It believe it has to do with syncing your contacts with Facebook. It brings over their birthday, email and phone number. Its better than having the FB calender synced b/c ALL events are brought over, even declined events.

4. diwrom

diwrom Member

Ok I could not delete the facebook birthdays out of my Google calendar. I need them gone! They only appear on my phone, not online. Nothing is in the calender setting on the EVO to delete or not have them in the first place..Help

5. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

go to settings, applications, manage applications, running, calendar storage.... and then CLEAR DATA... It's gonna erase everything, but you can resync with google again to get all your calendar info back.

davidjkroll likes this.
  6. BigD3031

BigD3031 Member

I did this, but now birthdays do not show up in my calendar. I still have facebook synced for birthdays. What do I do now? Any help is appreciated.

7. fascinated512

fascinated512 Well-Known Member

Do you want birthdays and facebook events to show up or not? If not, do this:

Calendar-->Menu key-->Settings-->Calendars-->un-check facebook.

That will hide the facebook events from the calendar app. Hope that helps!