• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook chat always online?

Hi

I have a problem with my HTC Cha Cha. It keeps showing me as "online" in the facebook chat. Even when I select the "Go offline" button, it automaticly shows me as online after a while even when I haven't used the phone

Anyone who has experienced this problem, or can give me a solution on how to appear offline in the chat all the time?

Thanks

I have got the same issue , any help would be appricaited ...

Upvote 0
Hi

I am wondering if you can help ? in my HTC Chacha every time it gets any sort of data connection ( Wifi or MoileApn) it connects to FB chat itself :( and then i get msgs from my friends in FB inbox. Only way I can find to stop this to clear data from Facebook for HTC Sense but then I cant use F button on the keyboard, please help all i want is to stop FB Chat to go online itself and I can still use F button on the keyboard

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue, really annoying as people keep trying to chat to me whilst I am at work. I have to disable mobile data but then whats the point in having a smart phone?jsbatlanta - no the "go offline" only seems to work for a few mins, then it restarts. The facebook app is getting on my nerves now, I love this phone but the chat problem and the fact that the text in FB is tiny and I really struggle to read it is getting on my nerves now.
especially as it is meant to be a FB phone.

Upvote 0
OK so have disabled FB chat from Privacy settings but now the FB button on the phone is totally useless so I can't check in. So frustrating.

FB chat was waking me up cos you need to leave the phone on if you have set an alarm or else it won't go off.

Also the battery life on the HTC Cha Cha is terrible. Has lasted less than 6 hours before, awful.

Upvote 0
I have the ATT Android Captivate. FB for Android was working (semi) ok until they upgraded it.

I got an app called GoChat and SimpleChat (didn't like either so I logged out of both, uninstalled them both PLUS FB for Android, rebooted the phone. Then I removed the apps from FB account settings, rebooted the computer.

I have been online for days now. And the Favebook Mobile won't send a text to my cell when I get a new email (my only allowed text) and it won't let you chat with me in FB either.. it says "person" is using a chat app and you need to enable app chat" (which I did from my sons profile).

It's a mess and I am REALLY fed up right now. I am so sick of the junk this Android phone causes me - seriously. It would be appropriate for a MODERATOR with exp how to fix this to jump in now and tell us how to fix this problem because obviously we cannot figure it out.

Very dissatisfied Android customer

Upvote 0
Herro :)

I know I'm late to the party but still...

What I found out is that you just have to go to the FB Chat App., press the button with the lines on it (ie the button just below the screen). Then click "Settings" from the pop up menu and deselect all the notification options :)

This is the way you change settings for any App :)

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I have got the same issue , any help would be appricaited ...

OK so have disabled FB chat from Privacy settings but now the FB button on the phone is totally useless so I can't check in. So frustrating.

FB chat was waking me up cos you need to leave the phone on if you have set an alarm or else it won't go off.

Also the battery life on the HTC Cha Cha is terrible. Has lasted less than 6 hours before, awful.

Upvote 0

Hey i was also having this annoying problem but after long testing I come up with solution.
here we go... :smokingsomb:
1. Go to settings > Clear data of Fb for HTC sense, fb chat and facebook
2. Login to facebook web (PC) > security settings> apps > remove HTC CHACHA app
3. Now again login to facebook app on ur phone > authorize fb button
4. Again login facebook web (PC) > security settings> apps> click HTC CHACHA > click (X) in front of fb chat
5. Now on phone > clear facebook data from settings (Not fb for htc sense)

Now you can use fb button but fb chat and preinstalled fb app on ur phone can not be used.
Download "Simple fb" app from market if you want to use facebook as its very light and good (adds free)

And if you want to chat then u have one more option of "Talk.to" app or any other fb chat app available on market.

Cheers.. :D

Please feel free to share ur concerns and issue..:thinking:

Upvote 0
Herro :)

I know I'm late to the party but still...

What I found out is that you just have to go to the FB Chat App., press the button with the lines on it (ie the button just below the screen). Then click "Settings" from the pop up menu and deselect all the notification options :)

This is the way you change settings for any App :)

Hope this helps!
I'm on a Motorola Photon and I did disable to chat privacy feature but when I go back to the homepage to green light goes right back on. This must be in Android problem because I can't touch the green light or change settings on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones