Facebook Chat over IM+Tips

Last Updated:

1. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 10, 2010
    I am coming from the world of Blackberry, and i constantly had IM+ running on my BB. Always connected. So when i came over to Droid i figured stick with the IM app i know and love. It is only $5 for the fullversion on droid (IM+ Lite is free), much cheaper then the $40 it costs on a Blackberry. I was kinda let down by the fact that it is so simplistic and basic on the Droid, but i guess that's why it's so cheap compared to the BB version.

I was also let down by the fact there is no Facebook Chat built in. That can be easily remedied though. So i will show you how to use FB chat on IM+. Had to do it this way a few times on my BB when FB chat was down on BB's.

1. Open up IM+ and go to accounts, then add an account.

2. Add a Jabber account.

3. Log into FB on a PC and Go to Account -> Account Settings. Note your username. You will need that. Exactly as it is written. For Login name in IM+ you need to put your FB username@chat.facebook.com. So for me it is joseph.ciampi@chat.facebook.com.

4. Password is your normal PW for FB

5. Server Host is chat.facebook.com and Port is 5222

6. Save, Add, and connect. Now you should have FB chat over IM+. I know it works with the full version, wife wouldn't let me try with her IM+ lite, but i am pretty sure it will work too.

7. ????

8. Profit. XD

EKG likes this.