Facebook contact DOB synching with calendar

Last Updated:

1. wobblelino

wobblelino Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Newbie here so apologise if this has already been posted (have searched)!

I'm not sure if this is possible, my contacts are synched with my facebook profile which is great. Do you know if the DOB of a contact is synched with the calendar - I can't seem to see this and it would be really handy to have.

thanks,

W

Advertisement
  2. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

You have to go to google calendar from a computer then at the bottom left under other calendars add then browse interesting calendars, then the more tab and add the contact birthdays and events. You can also add by url then go to your facebook calendar and under settings it will list the url then copy and paste it in google calendar. Then on the phone under calendar settings and make sure both are checked.

3. wobblelino

HI Eugene,

thanks for this... silly question but how do I access the facebook calendar - is this an application on facebook or is it somewhere hidden by their countless updates? Is it events?

Really want this to sync with my HTC calendar and don't fancy manually typing in all contact DOBs into the calender!

Thanks for all your help,

W

4. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Go to your events calendar in facebook and click export, then on the export page there is a URL that you copy and paste into google rather than just exporting the data.

5. deek0

deek0 Active Member

I think I know what you are meaning wobble.

When you "link" your friends facebook DOB to the contacts its shows in the contacts on the phone. However as soon as you remove the "link" or "sync" on the phone the facebook DOB disappears just like all the other facebook data. Photos, status updates etc.

Wobble - are you trying to sync the DOB's from facebook into the contacts?

6. wobblelino

Did this and... it worked! Thanks for all your help.

Only problem is that I wanted the facebook calendar to have my friends bdays on so it syncs with my phone and I can see whos bday is up and coming on my phone. Not sure if this is me being a facebook novice or if this is not available???

Deeko - essentially yes, like to have my friends bdays from my facebook in my phone calendar.

Love the phone so far...