Facebook Contact Phone #

Last Updated:

1. SgtJoo

SgtJoo Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I try to edit the details of a contact I syncd from facebook (to add a phone number because it isn't listed) I can't edit it. It gives me some BS about not being able to edit facebook contacts... do I have to make a whole separate google contact just to add a phone number?

Advertisement
  2. bgalfond

bgalfond New Member

I had the same problem. Create a new contact with same name and new number, it will automatically combine with the other entry. Annoying, but works.

3. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

I have several contacts that were in my blackberry that when we moved the info over, and then sync'ed up the facebook contacts, there are several that are duplicates...I was able to successfully "join" them afterwards which might be your soution, to make a new contact then join them after.

i'm going to remove the fb sync then reinstall it because I think it's possible I didn't choose to combine fb contacts with existing contacts when I did it the first time.

4. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

As long as the names are identical in both contacts (display) then they will merge.

My wifes was under a shortened version of her name, but her facebook info sync'd with her full name so they were separate.

Once I modified her phone entry to match the FB one they sync'd together just fine and merged.

5. SgtJoo

SgtJoo Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a bunch :)