Facebook contact pics and handcent help.

Last Updated:

1. SCdroid

SCdroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Having big problems here. I went through all of my contacts and MANUALLY linked them with their facebook profiles. Everything was fine (except for them not showing up in handcent, even after updates and they DO show up in the stock msg app) EXCEPT for that i accidentally deleted one contacts facebook profile. The only way to get this back is to remove all facebook data (via the facebook app) so i did that and resynced. I was told that it would resync (since all the names had been changed over in the contact list to their match their facebook names) everyone in my contacts to their facebook profile and the deleted profile would reappear (which it did) and that it they would show up in handcent. Problems are: it only resynced like 6 random contacts out of 55 and that they STILL don't show up in handcent. Should i go through and manually sync them up again, or just wait and see if they populate in and what about handcent? thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Well-Known Member

How did you link your contacts with facebook manually? I have been trying to do this since day 1.

Do the contacts have to have the same name, or can you really do it 100% manually?

3. SCdroid

SCdroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Make sure your facebook settings is set to 'show all contacts' (its in the settings inthe facebook app)

You go into the contact.

menu->edit->change the name to something different (If its amy change to aaaa, doesn't matter but i find that easier)

Go back into contact and press menu->edit->Join

Then scroll through and pick your facebook profile you want to join it with.

when back onto the contact, change the name back to original name

press done and save it.