1. harny

harny New Member

will give this a go cheers
  2. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

This does not work for me!
  3. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

This doesn't work for me either. I don't even have the option of selecting facebook photos, just camera pictures or stored pictures.
  4. Swana2k

Swana2k Active Member

Or me! I already tried this but the only FB picture it has is the one that was first synced and since out date!

In the meantime my 1 contact that does work, automatically updated AGAIN!

I really dont understand it how just one can do it automatically and all the rest dont... :confused:
  5. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I also have one contact who's FB picture updates perfectly, the problem with that one though is that I prefer to use my Google picture for that person but it keeps changing back to the FB one! very annoying.
  6. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

anyone find a solution? Really bugging me!!!
  7. mattman23

mattman23 Member

Same problem here, it's been annoying me ever since I got the phone. Tried all the suggestions in here and nothing works. The Online Directory tip updates the FB profile pics in that list but not in my People/Phonebook or in text messages. So annoying.
  8. cultor

cultor Well-Known Member

somewhere on the internal memory of the desire should be the pictures. Since it doesn't load them from the net (cause then they would refresh). I guess if someone were to find that location and delete them, it needed to load them again and then it would take the last ones...

But this is a theory of mine
  9. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

I just had a look on mine and couldn't find them anywhere, I'm guessing there's a chance they could be stored on the phone memory itself though.
  10. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

I did a search for jpg files in the root directory and the only things it found were in system/customize/resource and they look like thumbnails of webpages and that's all.

Found plenty of .png files too but not FB photos.
  11. TonyHTC

TonyHTC Active Member

I have the same problem with facebook profile pics not updating in my messages and people favourites.

Cultor's/Jason C/staz1000 idea to find the save location seems good. In Astro (or other) file manager in the root directory there is a folder called 'System' and it that a folder called 'Apps'.

This folder has facebook information and you can browse the app information broken up into loads of files.

I don't really understand it all - i'm new to android (first post btw) - but i'm sure someone could work it out.

It's pretty annoying having old profile pics. I'd sooner just set a fixed picture if it isn't going to work. Even my new OTA update didn't seem to fix it.

Someone out there must have the answer!!
  12. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

I've had a look in there Tony and I can't find anything of use. There are a lot of files but nothing I can see that would help. I looked in HTCFacebook and a few contacts type apps but nothing in any of them either.

I have just had a look through my settings to see if I can suss out why mine works but others don't and I really don't know. One thing I have noticed though is if I go into People and go to the Online Directories tab then press Facebook I'm not actually logged in there. Not sure why as I use the facebook app and my contacts are all linked.
  13. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member

Hi guys, first post here.

All of the above has not worked for my UK t-mobile Desire, but I have just found a way of making all the contact pictures update to the latest facebook profile pics.

You have to:

Log OUT of Facebook for HTC Sense. you will get a warning notice to say that all the facebook content will be removed from your phone..

Once you've done that, then you need to CREATE (ie log back in) to facebook via

Settings - accounts&sync - add account - facebook for HTC sense.

Log back in, and you will slowly see your facebook contact pictures updating themselves against your contacts in your phone book.

So far this seems to be the ONLY way to make the pictures update in my case anyway.

Hope it works for some of you guys
    AceMathias, Evil_Munki and JasonC like this.
  14. cultor

cultor Well-Known Member

and do we have to link all the contacts again?
  15. Gti fly

Gti fly Well-Known Member

my phone automatically linked all the contacts back afterwards
  16. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Yes this has worked for me! but I don't really want to have to do this every time I want to update someone's facebook picture :(
  17. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I get the opposite. for some of my contacts in the "favorites" widget, it remains as the FB pic. For others it reverts (several times a day) to the google pic, which is of poor resolution. The only reason I have google contacts pictures is because HulloMail (visual voicemail) only eill display contact pictures from google.

Looking at the contacts and their links, some list google at the top and some list facebook at the top of the list. Some contacts I use the google name and others - facebook. I can't seem to find a trend between the contacts and which image it defaults too.
  18. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Doing the above process has also fixed a problem I've been getting with Friends Stream which updated at the scheduled time (according to the bar at the bottom) but the content didn't refresh.
  19. cultor

cultor Well-Known Member

sorry to ask, but HOW do you log out of facebook for htc sense?
  20. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its the Facebook application on the phone. Go to all programs, open Facebook app, menu, log out
  21. rjjk91

rjjk91 Active Member

^^ ha same question
  22. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

What is the difference between Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense?

I ask as when I go to add Accounts and Sync > Add account - I am given a choice between Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense.

It only lets me add Facebook for HTC Sense though. If I click Facebook nothing happens.
  23. Evil_Munki

Evil_Munki Active Member

Does that mean I have to delete my account and create it again? I can't "log in" via the accounts&sync settings.

EDIT: ok i found it, thanks.
  24. abrokenframe

abrokenframe New Member

Hi all. I just found an app in Market called SyncMyPix, and it worked like a charm! Or, one the second try anyway. Hope this helps!
  25. ryz9116

ryz9116 New Member

hi all...i'm also new here...but finally i got the solution..thanks for ur help buddy..but not all of my contact is found.. can u help me on this.. tq.. :)