Facebook Contact Sync (NOT the sense one) issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. denial86

denial86 Active Member This Topic's Starter

ALright, so I just went from the original samsung galaxy to the htc desire and one of the first things I tried was to sync contacts with facebook. I only want existing contacts to be synced so I chose not to use the facebook for htc sense app as it will sync all facebook users and add them to my contact list (correct me if I'm wrong). So I tried to sync with facebook for android but nothing happens when I chose the account. I get prompted to sign into the app, which I do, I get into the app like normal, but no contacts are synced. Returning to the accounts settings page I cant even select the facebook. It is there to add but when I hit it nothing happens. I did sync with the official twitter app with no problem which I noticed with the samsung galaxy (running froyo) should be the same procedure. Kinda strange issue if you ask me... anyone else encountering this problem?

thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. denial86

anyone?

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Well I used to usr the sense one, yes it syncs all contacts but in people you can choose what you see. You don't have to show all Facebook contacts. I only use android Facebook now as I don't have sense and it shows me the sane contacts as the sense one.

4. denial86

Ok so yours works... I cant even select android facebook, it just doesn't seem to work at all... cant even select it to sync contacts as nothing happens when I select it... :S

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Perhaps I wasn't clear.

I only have facebook for android as I don't have a HTC sense version of android (so no facebook for HTC sense - It is not available to me).

When I used facebook for HTC sense, that was still what showed up in accounts and sync. Even when I installed facebook for android on the HTC ROM

...and they both sync the same data (so far as I can tell) so it makes no difference which you use.