Facebook contact ?

Last Updated:

1. SCdroid

SCdroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched every droid forum out there to no avail....but i have synced all of my contacts with their facebook pictures...but one contact i accidentally deleted his facebook contact from my phone. The problem is i tried to resync to get it back and it didnt work. So i defriended him, resynced. Added him back as a friend and resync and it still won't add his facebook contact back (so i can join it to his regular phone contact like all the others)...i'm out of options. Anyone help?

Also i reinstalled the newest handcent and it STILL won't use everyone's facebook pictures eventhough my phone has them all correct. Just does random ones.

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

hmmm...maybe just trying adding your own picture for his contact picture? or just go to fb and save his fb profile pic and then make assign it to him. I know this is not what you wanted exactly but you can try this out?? Hope this helps

3. SCdroid

SCdroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well that'll work. Like a bandaid until they can fix the issues.

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

i know it sucks...hopefully this is fixed dec. 11

5. mikem

mikem Active Member

Now i did not delete a contact. However i couldnt get 3 of my Facebook contacts to pull the Facebook information. What i had to do was:

(I dont know if it matters but i had the sync setting on for Facebook at the time, your doing a forced sync so it may not need to be)

-Open the Facebook app.
    -From the home screen (the one with friends, photos, posts...) click menu.
    -Click setting.
    -Open sync contacts tab.
    -Click on "remove facebook data".
    After i did that i closed out facebook and checked my contacts. All facebook info was gone.
    -Now go back into Facebook app and reselect "sync with existing contacts".
    And like magic all my contacts had pulled the correct facebook info. Give that a shot because it was driving me nuts.