Facebook contacts disappear from view on sync

Last Updated:

1. Paul7876

Paul7876 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I'm signed into FB on my Desire using Friendstream, not the FB program.

Every time the phone does an automatic sync, or I do it manually, the FB contacts are unselected from view and I have to add them again.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Paul

Advertisement
  2. Paul7876

No-one? It's just the Facebook tickbox under view that keeps deselecting.
    Anyone help? It's handy to have it tied into the contacts for the updates etc.

3. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

Yep, this happens to me too, in fact I think it happens regardless of whether I sync or not, I gave up re-ticking the box in the end and have just accepted it doesn't work and must be a bug.

In fact I'm finding the phone seems to have a problem remembering my preferences in certain other areas too. I like my bookmarks sorted in most used order, which is selectable, but the phone seems to always want me to view them in most recent order and just changes the setting back every time I use the browser.

Paul7876 likes this.
  4. Paul7876

Thanks for your reply. At least it seems to be a bug in the software, and not something I'm doing.
    Oh well, I won't have to bother signing into Friendstream anymore. I only used that for the contacts list, and used the main FB app for everything else :)

5. Paul7876

I've found a workaround, its a bit clumsy but it works.
    Create empty contacts for your Facebook friends (just use their name), then after saving the empty contact, link their Facebook contact to it.
    Even when the Facebook contacts disappear again, everyone will remain on the contact list with the updates showing (if you stay signed into Friendstream).
    I haven't figured out how to stop the re-ordering of internet favourites, and I've noticed by phone also switches back to a screen timeout of 30 seconds every now and then.
    If anyone know about this, could you let me know? Or if I figure it out I'll post back :)

Thanks