Facebook contacts - I don't have any?

Last Updated:

1. Ravmaster

Ravmaster Member This Topic's Starter

So I had to send off my Desire earlier on this week as the sensor behind the phone didn't seem to work properly! I recieved a new one today and set it up almost exactly as I had set up my previous. But this second time around (after signing in on Facebook) I seem to have no facebook contacts whatsoever! Even when I go into "View" Facebook appears like the follow: Facebook (0). I'm pretty damn sure I have more than 0 friends on Facebook!
    I tried a hard reset and it didn't seem to solve the problem! Any help? *-)
    Thanks in advance, Rav :)

Advertisement
  2. beaverHausen

beaverHausen Member

Hey Rav you're not alone.

I did a hard reset today and altho my google conmtacts are there, facebook is empty.

I'm beginning to think this may be a problem with facebook, not the handset.

If you go into friendstream they're all there but if I go menu > friends > facebook I get connection error. My mates handset is doing the same thing.

3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Mine did this after a reset and it is very annoying especially if you set everything up again before realising.

I fixed it by doing another reset, logging into facebook when prompted in the set up and then leaving it alone, letting it get all your contacts. Also had an issue when I tried to do it in work as the signal is not very strong here and only imported half.

May work for you too.

4. Ravmaster

beaverHausen, It's somewhat reassuring knowing that other people are having the same problem, and I haven't done anything wrong!
    jay_kay, thanks for the heads up, I tried that twice and I'm still getting the same problem! My connection is as strong as can be, I'm sitting right next to the router at the moment so I'm not so sure what to do. I'm hoping it will fix itself over night! Decide to be nice and actually sync things together!

5. jackie_jagger

jackie_jagger Well-Known Member

Count me in too , I was having an isue with Google account did a factory reset and bam it says I don't have friends, sounds rather depressing lol, I hope it really iS a HTC/fb issue

6. Ravmaster

I get that message too jackie_jagger! It makes me feel so bad! I hope the phone suddenly realises "Oh wait I have no Facebook contacts" and does what it's supposed to! (yn)

7. jackie_jagger

jackie_jagger Well-Known Member

I just checked, the photos app shows all my contacts, the livefeed shows up all the latest updates, but its just the PEOPLE app that fails to find any friends :( !

I think it is a facebook issue !

8. Evil_Munki

Evil_Munki Active Member

me too!

I did a hard-reset to remove my gmail account, now 0 friends :( It's reassuring that other people have the same problem though...

A temporary fix is to use "SyncMyPix", to link your FB to contacts...

9. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this will help you guys but i looked under people last night and saw that all my facebook contacts were missing.

If you go into people > menu > view and then tick facebook plus any other contacts you want to list then this will then see them. Now have all my google and facebook contacts showing :D

Hope this helps you all.

10. Ravmaster

Thanks for the suggestion Jay_Kay, I tried that but it still says Facebook (0) for me! D:
    Evil_Munki, thanks for that app for the fix! The main thing I wanted was the contact pictures which came with that app, but the knowledge that it doesn't work makes me sad! D: Hopefully there's a fix if Froyo update is released soon?

11. Eat_My_Brains

Eat_My_Brains Member

Literally got my replacment desire as the last one found its way into a sink. Anyhow after about an hour of setting it up to how it used to be I noticed that none of my FB contacts were showing. I was gonna do a reset and wipe all data etc but luckily I saw this thread first. I think its just a problem with the faceboook servers.

12. Eat_My_Brains

Eat_My_Brains Member

That second bit, while nit a fix for the problem is something I've been wanting to do for ages so thanks!

13. mfraser

mfraser Member

I had to reset my Facebook settings this week after the friend stream app kept crashing, now I can't see any facebook friends in my contacts and I can't link them.

14. dodgemalodge

dodgemalodge Member

Same problem here after a reset :(

15. dodgemalodge

dodgemalodge Member

Could people with this issue please list their network provider and software release numbers out of interest? Is it to do with the latest update by chance?

TMobile 1.21.110.4

16. Nipples

Nipples New Member

I just got my Desire and I have the same problem. Took it into the Telstra store and they couldn't work it out, hopefully it gets sorted soon!

17. ccd

ccd New Member

According to here. It's HTC sense not working with FB. Have to wait for their tech to solve this issue. Already tried a hard reset.

18. mfraser

mfraser Member

I'm getting this with:
    Orange - Software number 1.15.61.10
    Never had an update since I bought it a few months ago.

19. Eat_My_Brains

Eat_My_Brains Member

Virgin mobile UK here.

20. dodgemalodge

dodgemalodge Member

And what software number?

It's under Menu, Settings, About Phone, Software Info if you're not sure.

21. dodgemalodge

dodgemalodge Member

Actually I think Mfraser software number scraps that idea as it's too old :-(

22. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

I too now get the '0 friends' after a reset.

O2 PAYG
    Software number 1.21.405.2

23. terry_gardener

terry_gardener Well-Known Member

there is a problem with HTC sense which is currently under investigations by HTC, they have advised it might take couple of days to resolve.
    there is also problems adding accounts to htc sense.
    just going to have to sit tight and wait for HTC to resolve the problem with htc sense.

24. mico4ever

mico4ever Member

found my desire doesnt update friendstream again(happen 2 months ago, got it fix myself, but couldnt remember how), so i clear cache, the friendstream works, but now i have no friends on fbook and cant link any to my phone number....
    Virgin mobile AUS: 1.21.405.2

25. SoWhy

SoWhy Active Member

Same for me. Both Friendstream and Photo App find all my friends correctly but when I try to refresh my contacts in the People App, I get "Connection error".