• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook contacts - I don't have any?

Ravmaster

Jul 17, 2010
So I had to send off my Desire earlier on this week as the sensor behind the phone didn't seem to work properly! I recieved a new one today and set it up almost exactly as I had set up my previous. But this second time around (after signing in on Facebook) I seem to have no facebook contacts whatsoever! Even when I go into "View" Facebook appears like the follow: Facebook (0). I'm pretty damn sure I have more than 0 friends on Facebook!
I tried a hard reset and it didn't seem to solve the problem! Any help? *-)
Thanks in advance, Rav :)

Hey Rav you're not alone.

I did a hard reset today and altho my google conmtacts are there, facebook is empty.

I'm beginning to think this may be a problem with facebook, not the handset.

If you go into friendstream they're all there but if I go menu > friends > facebook I get connection error. My mates handset is doing the same thing.

Upvote 0
Mine did this after a reset and it is very annoying especially if you set everything up again before realising.

I fixed it by doing another reset, logging into facebook when prompted in the set up and then leaving it alone, letting it get all your contacts. Also had an issue when I tried to do it in work as the signal is not very strong here and only imported half.

May work for you too.

Upvote 0
beaverHausen, It's somewhat reassuring knowing that other people are having the same problem, and I haven't done anything wrong!
jay_kay, thanks for the heads up, I tried that twice and I'm still getting the same problem! My connection is as strong as can be, I'm sitting right next to the router at the moment so I'm not so sure what to do. I'm hoping it will fix itself over night! Decide to be nice and actually sync things together!

Upvote 0
I am not sure if this will help you guys but i looked under people last night and saw that all my facebook contacts were missing.

If you go into people > menu > view and then tick facebook plus any other contacts you want to list then this will then see them. Now have all my google and facebook contacts showing :D

Hope this helps you all.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestion Jay_Kay, I tried that but it still says Facebook (0) for me! D:
Evil_Munki, thanks for that app for the fix! The main thing I wanted was the contact pictures which came with that app, but the knowledge that it doesn't work makes me sad! D: Hopefully there's a fix if Froyo update is released soon?

Upvote 0
Literally got my replacment desire as the last one found its way into a sink. Anyhow after about an hour of setting it up to how it used to be I noticed that none of my FB contacts were showing. I was gonna do a reset and wipe all data etc but luckily I saw this thread first. I think its just a problem with the faceboook servers.

Upvote 0
I am not sure if this will help you guys but i looked under people last night and saw that all my facebook contacts were missing.

If you go into people > menu > view and then tick facebook plus any other contacts you want to list then this will then see them. Now have all my google and facebook contacts showing :D

Hope this helps you all.

That second bit, while nit a fix for the problem is something I've been wanting to do for ages so thanks!

Upvote 0
According to here. It's HTC sense not working with FB. Have to wait for their tech to solve this issue. Already tried a hard reset.

Okay, so I have just called htc and got some good news and bad news. (Good news) First, the lady had said that they have received an email from their tech, saying that there is a facebook connection issue that has happened with the server sometime midday yesterday. And they have been receiving a lot of calls about the problem. She said it's an error with htc sense not connecting with facebook, and nothing wrong with the phone, so a factory or hard reset isn't needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones