Facebook contacts linked to phone contacts missing optionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. DJGietzen

DJGietzen New Member This Topic's Starter

So I got my DroidX on 7/15 and on 7/16 linked all my phone contacts who have facebook to a facebook contact via social networking. I kike how the phone sets the picture, I like that in the contact entry it shows me thier status on facebook.

What I don't like is that when I open up a contac that is both a phone contact and a facebook contact and I tap the facebook icon on the contact screen I get 3 options (view profile, write on wall, and poke). If I open up a contact that is only facebook and tap that same Icon I get 4 options (view profile, message, write on wall, and poke). Is there some reason linking the facebook contact to a phone contact needs to remove that option? I'd like to be able to send a facebook message from the phone to any contact as easy as I can send a text message.

Advertisement
  2. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

DJ it looks like that may be one of the fixes in the upcoming ROM on the 19th. Somehow they left out the ability to not link your contacts.

3. DJGietzen

DJGietzen New Member This Topic's Starter

I could always manually unlink my contacts.

My issue was that if I had a phone book contact and then added a new friend on Facebook when either the phone or myself linked the two contacts the option to send a Facebook message to the contact by clicking on the 'Facebook' icon in the contact profile was gone.

Normally there are 4 options when you click on the Facebook icon. But if you link a new Facebook contact to prior existing phone book contact you loose one of those options. The same does not appear to be true if I link a new phone book contact to a prior existing Facebook contact.

The new update yesterday had no effect.

4. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member

Wow, yeah, this is is incredibly lame. The only logic I can think of is that they decided you didn't need the FB message option since you already had a phone or email. On the other hand I had a few that were Gmail and FB contacts to bring with it that got linked and I still have the send Facebook message option.

The only workaround is to flick right over to their status updates, then long press one of the updates and you get the "send message" option.