Facebook contacts MergeSupport

Last Updated:

1. WheelZ

WheelZ Active Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys, just a quick quesiton.

is there any way to combine the contacts on your phone (or sim depending on where you keep them) with the correlating facebook contact?

So, taking the contact with the name and the number that you would, for instance, create when saving a number and then merging it with the facebook contact to have all the contacts information in one place?

couldnt find anything on this anywhere else.

Hope i explained myself well enough.

cheers
    WheelZ

Advertisement
  2. Nithanth

Nithanth Active Member

Well yeah, and it's pretty simple to do.

Open the contact (the one stored on the phone or the facebook synced one, either will do). Go to the menu and click on Link Contact, and select the contact you wish to link it with.

Once it's done, you can set the defaults (name, phone number, email address etc.) to be used from either the FB contact or its phone counterpart. To do this, open the linked contact, press the Menu button and hit Mark Defaults.

Hope I explained myself well enough :)

WheelZ likes this.
  3. WheelZ

i tried that first and it didnt seem to let me merge a face book contact with anything other than another facebook contact. is it possible that my numbers need to be copied to the phone first?

4. WheelZ

All sorted. it seems they have tpo be on you phone not just your sim, and it also only lets me merge a phone contact with a facebook one and not the other way around, but hey. im sorted. cheers for the help dude.

5. dlff4c

dlff4c New Member

On another note on my Droid incredible once you linked the FB with contacts if you happen to log out of FB and back in the phone would autolink back the FB with phone contacts, it dosent seem to do this with the S3 or am I missing something. when I log out of FB and back in later i have to go through my contacts and relink them to the FB contacts is there a setting that will keep them?