Facebook Contacts Missing

1. illini56

illini56 New Member

When I synced facebook contacts, I had a handful of contacts that duplicated, meaning there was the facebook info and their info from my regular contacts list. In each case, I selected the entry that did not have the facebook info and chose to delete that entry. When I did that, for some reason the entry with the facebook info is the one that disappeared. So, I just deleted the other contact entry too. Then when I added the contact back in, facebook wouldn't sync with it. So now, even though these contacts DO have a facebook account and are still listed as my friends, facebook will not sync with those contacts. I even tried the option of syncing ALL facebook friends and the handful of friends I did this with will not come back. Anyone experience this? If you delete a contact with facebook info once, is it impossible to sync back the facebook option?

Advertisement
  2. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

no solution, but as I was fixing my duplicates (by simply adding the missing last names into my phone), I deleted one of my facebook contacts by mistake... now they no longer sync.
  3. BRR

BRR Member

I too would like to know how to restore a facebook contact that i deleted "hidden".

I have to assume the phone has a list of the facebook contacts that were deleted so that it knows which ones not to didplay, so there must be a way to get those contacts off that list.
  4. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

+1 want to know as well!!??
  5. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I "removed" my facebook sync, and then put it back, and the one contact that I had deleted came back and synced their facebook info with the existing contact, along with everyone else. YMMV, I guess, but it worked perfectly for me.
  6. awesomefabulous

awesomefabulous Active Member

Yeah I would try to unsync/sync the FB contacts. I once had all of them disappear and this brought them back.
  7. BRR

BRR Member

maybe this would have worked, but i was sure i tried that last night. So just to be sure i removed my facebook account from the phone, then synced my gmail contacts again, then i added my facebook account back and had it sync the contacts. And that worked. Maybe it was a little over kill, but it only took an extra minute or two.
  8. cuddletighter

cuddletighter New Member

I am having the opposite problem. Once I synced facebook contacts, my regular contacts disappeared. I had one of my regular contacts call me, and they photo I had for them and their number came up, but how can I find that contact (and others) in a list?
  9. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

10. cuddletighter

cuddletighter New Member

Thanks vr6dubbin for the help. Just got the phone yesterday, and still learning on it.